Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be a U.S. heavyweight world champion in the next 10 years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be a U.S. heavyweight world champion in the next 10 years?

Obviously the Klitschko's size advantage is one thing and it's the main reason they keep winning but you've got guys like Haye, Chisora and even Price in the UK who would beat everyone in the US right now. Most US guys are still fat and not living up to their potential. It means they don't give themselves the best shot of being successful. Seth Mitchell is a hope but there's no way he's ready for some of the best in the world, he gets beat quick by everyone I mentioned right now.

So question is do you think a U.S. boxer will become a recognized HW world champion in the next 10 years or you think it'll never happen again?
    There will be for sure
    70.97%
    Not in the next 10 years
    16.13%
    There will NEVER be another US HW world champ!
    12.90%
    Last edited by Fix; 06-08-2012, 05:02 AM.

All depends who gets to fight for the vacant WBC title...

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
      All depends who gets to fight for the vacant WBC title...
      I don't know if Vitali could retire because Haye is going to be calling him out like crazy. He'll say things like I came out of retirement because you wanted to fight and as soon as I do you run away and retire. Vitali's career can't really end that way, he'll be remembered for ducking Haye.

Comment

And Vitali can't control his temper. Haye will just have to say a few things and Vitali is going to want to fight him.

Comment

Not out of the current batch, maybe someone else comes along though.

Dont talk to me about Stiff Mitchell and Detony Windmiller.

Also, winning a paper alphabet strap is not being a champion imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
            And Vitali can't control his temper. Haye will just have to say a few things and Vitali is going to want to fight him.
            Yeah he's a real hothead, you know keeping his bearing after being slapped and spit on.

Comment

A US heavy will most probably win a strap, but no way is one gonna be the standout guy in the division unless we get some Tyson-level early maturing going on

Comment

Probably win several, if the Klitschko's retire the titles will probably switch hands alot for quite awhile.

Comment

I like the look of Bryant Jennings I think he is there best bet at the moment he is as good as any of the other prospect in Europe imo. Outside of him maybe Michael Hunter Jr? He is at heavyweight for London 2012 .

Comment

There is a lot of corruption and paper titles in boxing, so I don't see why not.

Comment

Working...
                    X