No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arturo Gatti Heads Class of 2013 Hall Of Fame Inductees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
    Sits pretty well with me. **** throw Wayne McCullough in there when you're at it!
    And Magee!! When was the last time he was in a boring fight?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      That's certainly a point. Then again fighters such as Frank Fletcher or maybe even Martin Rogan might get in. That doesn't sit well with me.
      They lack the fame element though, besides I think Rogan took a dive against Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
        Ridiculous.

NEITHER belongs in. Both have very thin resumes.

But Virgil Hill at least has more than one quality win.

Henry Maske
        Tiozzo x2 (at both Light Heavyweight & Cruiserweight)

Both defeated on their home turf.

All DM has is Virgil Hill, and a washed up Rocchigiani and a bunch of RJJ leftovers and even lost his 0 to one of those leftovers .

And you favoring DM to get in the hall over Hill is shocking, considering your stance on fighters that refuse to leave their home country.

One of these 2 gentlemen defeated "elite" fighters on their own hometurf. Never hesitated once to leave his home country, to fight other top PRIME fighters in thiers.

The other spent his entire career in a 2nd rate boxing nation, feasting on tomato cans and blatantly avoided the best fighter of his era.

Yet you support the latter fighter for some reason?

Care to explain why your stance on fighters needing to leave their borders in order to solidify their GOATness has suddely changed overnight?

Or is it just when Americans do it, it's not deserving of acknowledgement?
        Dariusz defeated prime Virgil Hill to unify the light heavyweight titles.

Like Hill, Dariusz won a belt at cruiserweight. Unlike Hill, he was undefeated in his prime (48-0). Dariusz had more successful title defenses than Virgil, and even beat an opponent who had a win over prime Roy Jones.

You say Dariusz is undeserving for not fighting in the USA. Is Mayweather undeserving for refusing to leave Las Vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          And Magee!! When was the last time he was in a boring fight?

now you're talking!

Comment

Anyone going to HOF weekend next month?

Comment

I think if he were still alive he wouldn't have got in but the fact that he died and the way he died helped him get in. I personally don't think he should be in but them again I'm pretty sure there are length of others who are questionable too.

Good for him though.

Comment

Margarito has a better resume than Gatti. If this dude goes in, so should he.

Comment

Hof has become a laughing stock where everybody and thier mom can get in. I done even take hof seriously anymore. It's more of a circus act nowadays. Nothing against gatti he is a true warrior but he doest belong in the hof.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                    Waits for HOF cynics who don't think Gatti belongs in HOF
                    HE DOESNT... just cause he died?... he beat nothing but c class and went to war with b class fighters...

RIP Gatti

Comment

• Anybody

Comment

Working...
                      X