No announcement yet.

- The All Encompassing Official Pac vs Margs RBR and Discussion Thread-

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post
    Thats actually a good point I haven't seen brought up. Tony completely nullified the body attack by Cotto who is famous for it. Everything about this fight is reminiscent of the Cotto bout. Cotto/Pac was/is faster and more skilled. Both are considerably shorter with the same reach differential versus Margarito.

Gonna be very interesting to see how it all plays out. I think it will be like the Cotto fight. Pac will be quicker earlier, darting in and out, landing punches but leaving him vulnerable to the uppercut.

If Pacquiao can somehow get by Margarito, who has the leverage in the size and weight department as the 150 lb limit benefits him,

Pac is truly incredible and it will have been a joy to watch him perform.
    Pac's movement, footwork, and ability to get in and out without recieving is alot better than Cotto's imo and the bodywork that is most likely to play an outcome in the fight is Margarito getting to Pac's body. If he can work it and sustain that it will play a much larger factor thatn Pac going to Marg's body i think.

Comment

and plus, he always does these kind of threads for every damn big fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        Pac's movement, footwork, and ability to get in and out without recieving is alot better than Cotto's imo and the bodywork that is most likely to play an outcome in the fight is Margarito getting to Pac's body. If he can work it and sustain that it will play a much larger factor thatn Pac going to Marg's body i think.
        I agree, but Cottos bodywork at the time, was reaching incredible levels of respect to where people where starting to compare him to Chavez. But as you stated, it does go back to movement, footwork and in and out ability.

The size differential is pretty huge though.

Comment

am still wondering...............if MARG can land that bodyshot...................disguised as an uppercut...................around the 9th and 10th round...................hmmmmmm

Comment

Margarito by 6th round KO (body shot).

Comment

War!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post
                I agree, but Cottos bodywork at the time, was reaching incredible levels of respect to where people where starting to compare him to Chavez. But as you stated, it does go back to movement, footwork and in and out ability.

The size differential is pretty huge though.
                Ya i just don't see Pac's bodywork on Margarito playing a huge role aside from the fact that he's connectiong. While Margarito's bodywork if consistant could definitly slow pac down or possibly even hurt him.

Pac's straight in and out and footwork is alot quicker than Cotto's plus he presents alot more angle's, lateral movement and unpredictable "broken" rhythem that isn't easy to time.

The size and style Margarito does worry me, it may be the one choice in opponent which is to daunting to conquer. I'll be rooting for Pacquiao all the way though but do think it's a very dangerous fight that most won't admit due to their preoccupation with fuking conspiracy theories and hate for both guys
                Last edited by Mikhnienko; 11-13-2010, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                  The off TV undercard is supposed to be going on right now, but I can't get the **** to work.

http://www.toprank.com/mediaPortal/p...B_OEM_ID=23700
                  Start from their homepage, then go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                    Ya i just don't see Pac's bodywork on Margarito playing a huge role aside from the fact that he's connectiong. While Margarito's bodywork if consistant could definitly slow pac down or possibly even hurt him.

Pac's straight in and out and footwork is alot quicker than Cotto's plus he presents alot more angle's, lateral movement and unpredictable "broken" rhythem that isn't easy to time.
                    He'll also throw more punches than Cotto as well. But then again, that leaves more openings for Tony.

Gonna be a war for sure!

Comment

I see Pac losing this one, similar to how Cotto lost against Marg. Pac will then retire after this fight, pursuing politics in his own country.
                      Mayweather will crown himself the greatest of this era, and of all time once again.
                      *****s will underrate Pac until the end of time.

Comment

Working...
                      X