Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ishe beats Molina, would anybody be interested in an Alfonso Gomez rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Ishe beats Molina, would anybody be interested in an Alfonso Gomez rematch?

Honestly, I just want to see it for an old times sake thing and it's been years since they both faced off (Gomez's second pro fight). Both men have learned a lot from their careers and have taken on some tough fighters (Gomez especially).
    Honestly, i just want to see it for some Contender Nostalgia. A handful from season one is still fighting.
    Them, Mora, Manfredo Jr., Jimmy Lange (although real small shows).... all I can think of off the top of my head. I think Ahmed is still fighting, but he's stuck in Denmark or something.
    On that note... Manredo Jr. and Mora should rematch.

If by some miracle he beats Molina, no I would not be interested in that fight.

Comment

No.

Not at all.

Comment

Holy crap.... just found out Jeff Fraza got hit by a train last year.... jeebus

Comment

Nope there should be better fights than Gomez, that would be going backwards.

Comment

I just hope they rematch before either man retires... or at least Manfredo and Mora.
            I'm a contender season 1 kick right now

Comment

If Gomez wins the fights he needs to win to be rated in the top ten at 154 it would be ok. Right now Gomez is an unrated welterweight and as a champion Smith should not fight him anymore than Canelo should have fought Gomez.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                If Gomez wins the fights he needs to win to be rated in the top ten at 154 it would be ok. Right now Gomez is an unrated welterweight and as a champion Smith should not fight him anymore than Canelo should have fought Gomez.
                I think it's top 15... and I don't know wtf these ratings are. You see people shifted in there at the last second or out of nowhere... like Gomez was against Canelo.
                Honestly, belt or no belt, I want to see a rematch before they retire.
                I expect Ishe to lose, so I hope these two get it on in the future.

Comment

no if he does he should fight Lara/Canelo vs Trout winner

Comment

I'm bias but I'd like to see it, it'd be a good action fight and Gomez got shafted by some hometown work in their first encounter when they were young, not that it means much. Ishe isn't likely to do that fight though since he's now in the driver's seat for picking his fights and wants to make the right ones, Gomez would be a high risk-low reward affair. Regardless, Molina is the type of fighter that Ishe typically doesn't match up well against though, a very busy pressure fighter with decent technique and a good chin. Ishe will have to let his hands go a lot more than usual to win the fight a la his fight against Pawel Wolak years ago, but Molina is better overall than Wolak so it'll be tough sledding even if he does.

Comment

Working...
                    X