Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who is more underrated? mccallum or azumah nelson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who is more underrated? mccallum or azumah nelson?

great, great fighters...

these two can compete in any eras bcoz of their great skills...

i think a prime mccallum dominates every super six candidate & azumah nelson can duplicate or even surpass what PBF & manny pacquiao had been doing...

any thoughts?

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
    great, great fighters...

these two can compete in any eras bcoz of their great skills...

i think a prime mccallum dominates every super six candidate & azumah nelson can duplicate or even surpass what PBF & manny pacquiao had been doing...

any thoughts?
    McCallum would KO all the Super 6 fighters, he was one of the great boxers of the last 30yrs who knew his trade very well, i would favour McCallum to beat Calzaghe, Benn, Eubank, Pavlik, Hopkins, Hagler but i dont favor him over the greats of the 50s 60s like Robinson, Cerdan, Fullmer, Griffiths, Turpin, Basilio etc.

Azumah Nelson was a great little fighter BUT Floyd Mayweather would play with the guy.. Nelson v Floyd would be very similar to Floyd v JMM

Comment

Mccallum. No one wanted to fight that dude

Comment

How is Nelson underrated? He always gets the cred he should.

Comment

Nelson gets good credit but mainly for his fight with Sanchez and more people know him because he fought higher profile fights than McCallum. McCallum has to be one of the more underrated fighters in the last 20 years, he has been getting credit a bit more lately though which is nice to see.

Comment

mccallum would say

Comment

both would beat all the Super 6, though i don't see kessler getting stopped.

but thats more due to the poor quality of the Super 6, it's even but none are ATG fighters, even at 37 Calzaghe a guy who barely makes top 100 all time would beat all of them easily.

SMW is only considered competitive not good.

Comment

McCallum by a long chalk. He beat like a dozen HOFers and he still isn't considered an ATG!

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                  McCallum would KO all the Super 6 fighters, he was one of the great boxers of the last 30yrs who knew his trade very well, i would favour McCallum to beat Calzaghe, Benn, Eubank, Pavlik, Hopkins, Hagler but i dont favor him over the greats of the 50s 60s like Robinson, Cerdan, Fullmer, Griffiths, Turpin, Basilio etc.

Azumah Nelson was a great little fighter BUT Floyd Mayweather would play with the guy.. Nelson v Floyd would be very similar to Floyd v JMM
                  I think it would be awfully tough for Azumah to beat Floyd in a head to head matchup as well. It wouldn't be similar to the Marquez bout at all but I'd expect Floyd to win in an 8-4, 7-5 manner.

That said, going off their resumes, Azumah accomplished more in the lower weights than Floyd did. I think his resume trumps McCallum's as well. Was he more underrated? I'm not sure.

Comment

McCallum imo. I think he was as good as Leonard, Hagler, Duran, Hearns.

Comment

Working...
                    X