• Show
Clear All

Argentina
    Gonzalez vs. Coggi

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
      Argentina
      Gonzalez vs. Coggi

maybe i've seen this fight, but i don't think so.

sounds like a must watch

Comment

whenever the klitschkos fight in germany,everything is in their favour,i remember don charles(chisoras trainer)saying after the fight with vitali that when chisora was getting hand wraps wladimir was standing over him and disrupting everything and when they went to see vitali get his hands wrapped thery were already wrapped and no member of the chisora team was there and only a few officials were there, and the amount of holding wladimir does in the ring to protect his glass chin, i've never seen him get a point deduction and alot of other things and how they give out slave contracts

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          Germany is not as bad as people really make it out to be these days. Just look at the Sturm-Geale result earlier this year.

Back a few years the biggest hometown robbery was the Sven Ottke-Robin Reid fight. The judges and the referee were grossly biased for Ottke and did everything in their power to get him the victory. Reid was repeatedly deducted points for nonexistent fouls and was at one point warned by ref for punching Ottke in the face (that's not a lie, watch the fight, its that outrageous).
          I was going to mention this before I saw your post I think it was in round 4 or 5 where the ref warned Reid for landing a clean hook right on Ottke's jaw and Reid was just like WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Germany isn't half as bad as it was 5-10 years ago. When was the last "robbery" decision that they had there?

Look at Sturm-Geale. Felix Sturm is a beloved German home fighter and he lost a very close fight that could have gone in his favor. If Germany is so bad why didn't he get the decision?
            You know its pretty bad when we talk about the Sturm-Geale fight like its strays from the usual outcome

Comment

Take your pick of Sven Ottke fights.

Comment

But seriously yes Germany is the worst and almost every other fight IS a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

sounds like a must watch
                  watch the fight and get back to me, the ref help coggi stand up and stop the fight for a while so he could recup

Comment

sure it is, man.

ask around if you don't believe me. it's notorious for poor decisions and officiating, going back to sven ottke. if theres's an earlier reference that somebody would like to point out i'd be happy to hear it. ottke got the ball rolling on germany's rep, at least in my book.

you can get away with stuff like that when you keep your guys/scene local. they've got more "one sided" type events over there. we generally ask for our top earners to fight world level opponents, whereas germans will accept a lesser tier opponent, and enjoy the hell out of it

i think it's actually getting much better as boxing over there strengthens.

hernandez and ross is a good recent example of a robbery. granted, i have only seen the fight once and it was on a stream, but hernandez was rocking around the ring and pretty badly hurt. one of the judges had it 116-112, which was a total joke.
                    I had the Hernandez-Ross fight 114-113 Hernandez. No way that was a robbery. Close fight.

Ross could easlily have been DQ'ed for punching Hernandez while he was down BTW. So much for robbery there.

RBR thread here:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=565378

Comment

sounds like a must watch
                      I posted the link earlier. It's a great fight. Appauling officiating.

Comment

Working...
                      X