Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain why Kanye is considered a genius?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's the one that called himself a genius first. Not fans. But damn near every album he put out was grade A hip hop. I don't care for his new stuff tho. His first 5? Were great

Comment

Originally posted by El Pistolero View Post
      Exactly, he isn't a genius. I have heard people put him in their top 10 which is blasphemy. My top 10 in no order is - Ice Cube, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, KRS One, 2Pac, Biggie Smalls, Eminem, Scarface and Nas.

Then you have other legends who fill the list after such as Big Punisher, Raekwon, Andre 3000, Snoop Dogg (prime), Jay Z etc so how can Kanye be ranked so high?
      Big Daddy Kane that's who I meant in my op, not Heavy D lol. I'm getting old, mind is slipping.

Comment

Cuz Kanye West is the Sterling Archer of the world.

Comment

You have to be a genius to suck as much as he does but still make as much money. That takes talent.gay fish

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            Indeed.

I'm open minded and like a lot of different kinds of music, hip hop too but i've never considered a hip hop producer or artist to be a "musical genius". I mean 99% can't even play an instrument and a lot of hip hop is/was based on samples of songs by other people.

I do believe some like Dre have a really good talent and ear for knowing what sounds good and picking the perfect samples and creating the right beats for their songs but it's not exactly being a "musical genius" - far from it.
            I love hip hop.

old school 80s and 90s hip hop.

not this new bobby shmurda, based god, drake ghost writers, young thug wearing a skirt cuckery that is beign pushed today by the likes of lyor cohen.

RZA >>>>>>>>>>>>> Kanye

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              He's just loud and obnoxious. He's not even a real producer. Sampling other people's music and throwing a drum loop behind it isn't impressive and even in that regard there are much better beat makers than him. Now all he does is bring in session players who play their original stuff and he picks what he likes. He doesn't write any of the melodies. Guys like Just Blaze, drumma boy, 40, zaytozen, are all better than him.

Rap wise he's average at best. He's been able to exploit the stupidity of society by being an annoying little idiot. None of it is by design though as he's just being who he is and mainstream American culture currently embraces bottom of the barrel narcissists.
              no fukin way. I can see a case for just blaze. But still he's levels above them all in production

Comment

He's no genius he's very average better than that trash Eminem but still just an average artist and he acts like a lunatic overall I don't like him and whoever said rza > Kanye was 100% right

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                  He's no genius he's very average better than that trash Eminem but still just an average artist and he acts like a lunatic overall I don't like him and whoever said rza > Kanye was 100% right
                  shut your frontin ass up.

you know who said it.

what you cant give credit because it came from me???

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                    shut your frontin ass up.

you know who said it.

what you cant give credit because it came from me???
                    **** your mother in the anus archer and then drown and die you ****.

What do you know about rza? Very little is the answer now **** off.

Comment

There's no such thing as a genius rapper, rap is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to talent, literally anyone can do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X