No announcement yet.

How are MOVE THEATERS still a thing??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are MOVE THEATERS still a thing??

With TVs being bigger and better than ever, and the ability to stream, it's weird to me that the theater biz is still healthy. Sitting with a bunch of noisy strangers that fumble with wrappers and push on the back of my seat was never a big thrill for me. I'm not ranting or anything, I just wonder what the appeal is when you can watch shyt at home, when you want, etc.
    Maybe it's because I don't have kids.

i mean unless they come out with a new app that allows you to stream the big blockbuster new releases (not the illegal poor quality stream sites) then movie theaters will always be a thing.

Comment

Depends on the movie. I like to take my daughter to the movies. Shoot we went to the drive in last week lol.

Comment

last time i've been to one was in 2006? lol... damm!!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          With TVs being bigger and better than ever, and the ability to stream, it's weird to me that the theater biz is still healthy. Sitting with a bunch of noisy strangers that fumble with wrappers and push on the back of my seat was never a big thrill for me. I'm not ranting or anything, I just wonder what the appeal is when you can watch shyt at home, when you want, etc.
          Maybe it's because I don't have kids.
          Probably. People want to get out of the house, especially with kids going non-stop. So they go to the theater for some peace, if that. Haha. For myself, I go to a movie every now and then. It's got to be something I really want to see though. It's overpriced and the movies they are churning out there days don't exactly inspire me to run down to the theater. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
            i mean unless they come out with a new app that allows you to stream the big blockbuster new releases (not the illegal poor quality stream sites) then movie theaters will always be a thing.
            That's the thing, with today's tech, you COULD watch a new release streaming. All it would take would be one of the major studios to offer it streaming and if it took off, the others would follow. But, people want the theater experience. I just don't get it. I guess some people like being in groups with other people. Personally, I love watching movies at home on my 4k OLED and sick speaker system. When people ask me to go to the theater I try anything to get out of it.

Comment

movie theater by me never has anyone in it...amazing

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                last time i've been to one was in 2006? lol... damm!!
                Geeeezzzzz, I went to watch Endgame, before that, I hadn't gone in about 4 years.

Honestly, the experience was shyt as usual, old man arguing with a kid because he had his phone on and the screen at full brightness and this was at 9am.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                  Depends on the movie. I like to take my daughter to the movies. Shoot we went to the drive in last week lol.
                  I forgot about those. Drive in was the shyt! They had one out here until around 2009 or so. My girl and I went a lot. Brought beer, food, the dog. Lol. Watching a movie with the night air around you was a great experience, as long as it was tailgate style.

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  movie theater by me never has anyone in it...amazing
                  That sounds cool AF.

Comment

cause people still like to be social and make a simple night.

Movie theathres willl ALWAYS be a thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X