No announcement yet.

British car: Mclaren MP4-12C

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British car: Mclaren MP4-12C

Is this the best British sports car ever? What do you know about the 12C, 570s, and 720s? What kind of rep does Mclaren have as far as reliability?

Ive never payed attention to british cars but Mclaren 12C is fkin brutal and it’s a bargain. 2012-14 models are around 80-100K that’s like gen 1 R8 territory.

What do you think about the 12C?

id get a 720s if i hit that lottery

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
      That's how I feel about the P1

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        Is this the best British sports car ever? What do you know about the 12C, 570s, and 720s? What kind of rep does Mclaren have as far as reliability?

Ive never payed attention to british cars but Mclaren 12C is fkin brutal and it’s a bargain. 2012-14 models are around 80-100K that’s like gen 1 R8 territory.

On a collectors stand point that car for ever was getting upgrades and the next model was so much better that it affected this one resale price.

Still a good care and one you can use on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          On a collectors stand point that car for ever was getting upgrades and the next model was so much better that it affected this one resale price.

Still a good care and one you can use on a regular basis.
          I actually think the original 12C looks the best. Performance wise, I just dont see a huge upgrade in the newer models. 12C did 0-60 in under 3 seconds when it first came out and that was eight years ago.

In LA, ferraris and R8 are pretty common but Mclaren i dont see many. I might get into Mcclarens!

https://www.google.com/search?q=mcla...8spq-rDljHOlpM

For 90K low mileage with bumper to bumper warranty, it’s a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
            That's how I feel about the P1
            You would get a P1 over 918?

Comment

Used to have one

Great car

Very reliable and massive bang for your buck

Out of warranty now so service and repair costs will be brutal

Comment

Mclaren are killing it

the MP4-12C was their first/only production supercar

since 2010, they have now standardized on 3 levels of production

same as all the others... ferrari/lamborghini/etc

sports series... 540c, 570gt, 570s

super series... Mclaren 720s

hyper series... Mclaren Senna

because Mclarens are notorious for depreciation... MP4's are now unbeatable performance for money

that is... until the 2020 corvette came along

the 2020 corvette is a game-changer at the lower end of the market

the 720s is a game-changer at the top end of the market

the 720s is next-level performance... Ferrari and Lamborghini have since released their newest versions... but the 720s is still a better car in ALL areas especially performance...

hypercar performance, for super-car money

mainly because Mclaren lied... the 720s has 790bhp, not 720

it has the Mclaren Senna motor... not a de-tuned version

the Senna picks up its performance stats through design, active-aero, weight-saving... but the motor is the same as the 720s

very few know that... but, it is plainly obvious

1) plenty of people have dyno'd them... they are 796'ish horsepower lol

2) why the fk would Mclaren make 2 different motors

3) that is why they perform next-level compared to cars with similar HP... like 900+ hp porsches/etc

check out the youtube channel ' dragtimes '

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                  Used to have one

Great car

Very reliable and massive bang for your buck

Out of warranty now so service and repair costs will be brutal
                  That’s dope dude. Mclarens are so unique to me. I briefly got to test drive somebody’s 12C and my god it’s definitely a driver’s car. Im a stick guy and I normally look down on autos, but 12C is something else.

Did you fix up your 12C and what happened to her?

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                    You dont need to win the lotto to get your hands on one of them rad ass 12C.. you can get one for 80-90K and take off on them lambo/ferrari posers.

12C is bang for your buck like a motherfuker when you really look at it.

Comment

Working...
                    X