No announcement yet.

Jon Jones Case Takes a New Turn, Passed Post Fight Test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Didn't you guys say Pride used to let fighters used steroids. Since those owners run Rizin now, maybe Jones would be better off there?
    Pride didn't give a f#ck. They had fixed fights. Bas Rutton talks about the time he saw a fighter doing meth in the locker room lol. Pride was nuts.

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    True, but over time, it would be. Kind of like how there are very few fighters in a new weight class until it's officially started and then grows big enough to be competitive. Wasn't featherweight pretty thin until UFC started the weight class for the women? Hell, UFC didn't have enough fighters for most weight classes when they started. I guess Rizin would be considered the all PED league, since they're in Japan. I read the guys that used to run Pride own it.
    Yea honestly I think fans would get over their uppity PED stance that they barely hold now if their was a PED & no-PED leagues. So it might be all the bad mfers in the PED league & hell I bet some cats would fight clean in the PED league just for bragging rights.

Comment

Hell yeah, some would. They should do it in all sports and still let those guys in the halls of fame in the meantime, because sports was always dirty in some way anyway, not letting black guys play, spitters and cutballs being legal, stuff like harder hits and clotheslines being legal in the NFL. Any sport that worries about character probably shouldn't have someone like Ty Cobb in their hall of fame. Or OJ Simpson. Just saying.

Comment

Failed b sample

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
          Failed b sample
          http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/jon-j...ults-revealed/

The results of Jon Jones’ B sample were revealed late Tuesday.

ESPN’s Brett Okamoto was the first to report that sources confirmed Jones’ B sample came in testing positive for the anabolic steroid Turinabol, which is the same banned substance from his A sample.

On August 22, news broke that Jones was flagged for his second potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an in-competition sample collected following his UFC 214 weigh-in on July 28, 2017.

MMA Fighting confirmed the positive result of Jones’ B sample late Tuesday with Jeff Novitzky who is the UFC vice president of athlete health and performance.

The adjudication process with USADA will be the next step following the B test results. The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) also has jurisdiction in Jones case as his UFC 214 fight with Daniel Cormier took place in California. Jones’ disciplinary hearing with the CSAC is currently lined up for October 17 in Los Angeles. However, according to MMA Fighting, that date could change.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/jon-j...ults-revealed/

The results of Jon Jones’ B sample were revealed late Tuesday.

ESPN’s Brett Okamoto was the first to report that sources confirmed Jones’ B sample came in testing positive for the anabolic steroid Turinabol, which is the same banned substance from his A sample.

On August 22, news broke that Jones was flagged for his second potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an in-competition sample collected following his UFC 214 weigh-in on July 28, 2017.

MMA Fighting confirmed the positive result of Jones’ B sample late Tuesday with Jeff Novitzky who is the UFC vice president of athlete health and performance.

The adjudication process with USADA will be the next step following the B test results. The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) also has jurisdiction in Jones case as his UFC 214 fight with Daniel Cormier took place in California. Jones’ disciplinary hearing with the CSAC is currently lined up for October 17 in Los Angeles. However, according to MMA Fighting, that date could change.
            Just got a notification that they're changing it to a non-contest as well. Not looking good for Jon. Kinda sad really if he did cheat all those years as he was the most talented MMA fighter I had ever seen. Could be supplements but if you're being tested by USADA all the time you should just tell them everything you take before you take it. That way you can't be caught out. Which is what Demetrious Johnson said he does. Too risky not to do that, in a era where even inhalers are banned.

Comment

Jon Jones is so f#cked. 2 to 4 years out of the game now. Such a wasted talent.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                Just got a notification that they're changing it to a non-contest as well. Not looking good for Jon. Kinda sad really if he did cheat all those years as he was the most talented MMA fighter I had ever seen. Could be supplements but if you're being tested by USADA all the time you should just tell them everything you take before you take it. That way you can't be caught out. Which is what Demetrious Johnson said he does. Too risky not to do that, in a era where even inhalers are banned.
                Yeah man at this point I do not feel bad for him. He couldve killed DC, this isnt baseball where a HR record maybe tainted due to roids, this is combat. I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt but this is to much. In my eyes a BIG asterisk* should be next to his name in MMA history. Craziest part of it all is Jon Jones probably wouldve been at least 90% of who he is without roids and that still wouldve been good enough to be as dominate as he is. At this point I think its safe to say physically (roided or not) Jon has it all but the man is lacking Mentally and spiritually.

Comment

Yeah man at this point I do not feel bad for him. He couldve killed DC, this isnt baseball where a HR record maybe tainted due to roids, this is combat. I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt but this is to much. In my eyes a BIG asterisk* should be next to his name in MMA history. Craziest part of it all is Jon Jones probably wouldve been at least 90% of who he is without roids and that still wouldve been good enough to be as dominate as he is. At this point I think its safe to say physically (roided or not) Jon has it all but the man is lacking Mentally and spiritually.
                  It would be nice if Cormier attempted a lawsuit against Jon Jones like others have tried to do in boxing although I believe its mostly been talked about vs acted on. He got concussed in that fight & while the risk is always there for those sort of injuries in a fight when someone has taken a measure to use a banned substance I believe that trust & agreement for a fair fight has been broken.

I'd love to see someone be made an example of outside of the commissions or the UFC with PED usage to maybe add a lil extra damage to those taking the risk of using things outside the rules to help them win a fight. I think that might actually be helpful in curbing PED usage more than a lot of these other things if one could be sued for things that could attach itself to money beyond their purses for a fight or future fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    It would be nice if Cormier attempted a lawsuit against Jon Jones like others have tried to do in boxing although I believe its mostly been talked about vs acted on. He got concussed in that fight & while the risk is always there for those sort of injuries in a fight when someone has taken a measure to use a banned substance I believe that trust & agreement for a fair fight has been broken.

I'd love to see someone be made an example of outside of the commissions or the UFC with PED usage to maybe add a lil extra damage to those taking the risk of using things outside the rules to help them win a fight. I think that might actually be helpful in curbing PED usage more than a lot of these other things if one could be sued for things that could attach itself to money beyond their purses for a fight or future fights.
                    I agree 100% Panda. I like the idea of a lawsuit. I think suing the UFC would help too. IDK what he could sue the UFC for but I am sure a lawyer could find something to sue about.

Comment

I agree 100% Panda. I like the idea of a lawsuit. I think suing the UFC would help too. IDK what he could sue the UFC for but I am sure a lawyer could find something to sue about.
                      Yea idk about suing the UFC. If the UFC wasn't around they likely would have never caught Jon in the first place & they are doing more than their part in catching people using PED it seems to me.

Now if they knew a guy was dirty due to a pre-fight test & allowed him to fight than I believe there would be a case, but the reality is these tests aren't like a pregnancy test where a girl just pees on a stick & find out your wife is pregnant now within a couple minutes. These tests take weeks to deliver the results due to the number of things being tested for from my understanding.

Randomly that'd be some science worth improving in having tests being able to bring quicker results if not instant results so you could stop a fight due to a pre-fight positive banned substance result being discovered

Comment

Working...
                      X