No announcement yet.

"The Nelo Judge" Strikes Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Nelo Judge" Strikes Again

Boxing has ignored this disturbing trend for several years. Now that it impacted a fighter that many people love there is finally outrage. Every big Canelo fight has one "Nelo" judge that has an outrageous scorecard.

Austin Trout: Stanley Christodulu had it 118-109 Canelo

Floyd Mayweather: CJ Ross had it 114-114 draw

Erislandy Lara: Levi Martinez has it 117-111 Canelo

Miguel Cotto: Dave Moretti had it 119-109 Canelo

Amir Khan: Glen Trowbridge had it 49-46 Canelo at the time of the stoppage

Gennady Golovkin: Adelaide Byrd had it 118-110 for Canelo

How more obvious can it get? So much outrage over Byrd's scorecard but this is a concerning trend in Canelo fights that has been going on for years.

Firing Byrd solves nothing. She will just be replaced with the next "Nelo Judge"

They always buy one at least or two. I think this time it was two they knew they needed that insurance. And that score surprised no one.

Comment

Dela Hoya and the athletic commission didn't seem that concerned about that judge when constantly questioned. Everybody know what happened and this isnt the first time this has happened.

Comment

At this point I swear it'd be better if we went back to having newspaper decisions. The press row score averaged out is always a better representation than the three official scorecards

Comment

I've been thinking about it, and I'm starting to question the concept of a bought judge, at least in situations like this. Why go out of your way to have a wide card in a fighter's favour when a close one serves the same purpose? That's certainly what I'd expect a paid off judge to do.

Hanlon's razor springs to kind.

Comment

let the referee judge the fight like in the old days.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              At this point I swear it'd be better if we went back to having newspaper decisions. The press row score averaged out is always a better representation than the three official scorecards
              Then the press row will be paid off. And there's thousands of fights the press doesn't even cover.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                I've been thinking about it, and I'm starting to question the concept of a bought judge, at least in situations like this. Why go out of your way to have a wide card in a fighter's favour when a close one serves the same purpose? That's certainly what I'd expect a paid off judge to do.

Because the judges they buy are the ones that are the most idiotic. Think that giving the fight to their fighter harder gives a bigger paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post

When you look at the scores of some of these fights it seems

1 judge scores every close round to fighter A

1 judge scores every close round to fighter B

1 judge scores it honestly

That's why you often see crazy split decisions and majority decisions

I can't prove that they do that but it's something I've always wondered

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    When you look at the scores of some of these fights it seems

1 judge scores every close round to fighter A

1 judge scores every close round to fighter B

1 judge scores it honestly

That's why you often see crazy split decisions and majority decisions

I can't prove that they do that but it's something I've always wondered
                    Great thread, highlighting the persistent corruption now in place to ensure the cash cow can remain milking

And i also agree with the last 2 sentences, these geriatric judges need to **** off. We need nee, young, fresh eyes on the sport not some pension collecting 80 year olds

Comment

Working...
                    X