No announcement yet.

Fight of the Year 2017 Nominations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by serious box View Post
    Lara vs gausha thrilling edge of the seat stuff I am still on an adrenal high off the back of that ferociously competitive match up great mesh of styles...
    haha

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    Add me as number 5 for Estrada-Cuadras.
    Done.

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    The way ppl gauge performance on here ,its got to be Wilder vs Stiverne . No question ! lol

Santos vs Kennedy was realistically the best HW fight of the year .

The best significant fight was Klitchko vs Joshua without question in all weight classes . .

Chisora vs Whyte and Breazeale vs Izu both were better than Haye vs Bellew .
    Chisora v Whyte happened last year and was my fight of the year back then. Tizeale v Izu lol

so, as it stands currently:

AJ v Wlad - 9 nominations

Rung v Gonzalez - 6 nominations, I assume all are for the first fight

Estrada v Cuadras - 5 nominations

Jack v DeGale - 3 nominations

Khyrtv v Aleem - 2 nominations

Keep 'em coming.

Comment

Forgot to mention the parker vs fury fight thrilling. Would pay to watch that again on YouTube

Comment

lol yeah, fight of the century contender

Comment

One more for Rungvisai - Gonzales 1

Comment

choco-rungvisai 1 was epic. non stop action from the beginning to the end.

i had high hopes that they could repeat that in their rematch but rungvisai had other plans.

Comment

1. Yeah Joshua/Klitschko the best fight.
              2. Gonzalez/Rungvisai
              3. Hurd/Trout

Josh Taylor destroying Ohara Davies was the most pleasurable though

Comment

joshua/wlad
                jack/degale

i gotta rewatch estrada/cuadras ...maybe i was drunk as hell when i watched it but i don't rememeber it leaving an impression on me

Comment

Rungvisai-Gonzalez

AJ/ Klitschko

Degale-jack

It's interesting that people keep saying it was such a great year, but there have only really been a handful of really good action fights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
                    Rungvisai-Gonzalez

AJ/ Klitschko

Degale-jack

It's interesting that people keep saying it was such a great year, but there have only really been a handful of really good action fights.
                    true enough, i think it was just the matchups that made it great ..a lot of the fights didnt deliver

Comment

AJ vs Klitschko, by far. Two HWs; one young and hungry, the other a long-standing champion. One would have thought Joshua would just go in and destroy an aging Wlad, especially after that knock down in round 5. But the old lion came back during that round and scored a knockdown himself in the 6th! Epic! AJ managed to avoid getting KO'd and eventually got his second wind, retiring Dr. Steel hammer in the 11th with a barrage of hard combos. What a fight!! That kind of fight between two skilled, determined HWs is one of the best HW fights I've seen in a long time, and deserves FOTY, 2017.

Comment

Working...
                      X