Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great performance by Loma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already knew Loma is a great fighter but damn it i never realized he was that fast. Although Rigo was the smaller guy Loma was visibly so much faster i couldn't believe it

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Good points. I see Loma's skill really being rooted in fight science. It's very rehearsed, technical, and methodical. Roy was an athletic freak that looked like he was freestyling at times and did it with godly power.

I believe Loma's techniques will carry with him longer than Roy's did, and Roy's abilities were something you can't simply train for.
      Yeah, exactly how I feel. Prime Roy will never be duplicated, the guy just went completely off the script and it never mattered. Lomachenko will be smart to rely on fundamentals when he ages. Although i'm curious to see what an older Lomachenko will do when he doesn't have all that athleticism to rely on.

Comment

I agree it was a great performance. I was sure he would win but I didn't expect him to win so easily. He smacked Rigo all over the ring when he could get his hands free from Rigo's desperation holding. Rigo almost never hit him and quit in frustration just as others have done against the boxing master.

Comment

Can you really say he looked good? Rigo was making him miss. I can't remember him landing anything memorable. I don't know, I was expecting a much more dominant performance considering the size mismatch and the age advantage.

Comment

I so the fuk miss prime Roy Jones! I was depressed when Leonard, my all time favorite fighter was gone from the sport and was looking everywhere for who would become the next Leonard and while Jones and Leonard are two entirely different en******, I could not believe it when I saw Jones for the first time. Ironically, I met Jones the day before I knew who he was because he was wearing a Leonard shirt and then I saw him on TV in the 88 box offs the next day. I met Leonard once and Roy Jones twice.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Yeah, exactly how I feel. Prime Roy will never be duplicated, the guy just went completely off the script and it never mattered. Lomachenko will be smart to rely on fundamentals when he ages. Although i'm curious to see what an older Lomachenko will do when he doesn't have all that athleticism to rely on.
              He could always save his money and retire before his athleticism leaves him. That worked for Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                Can you really say he looked good? Rigo was making him miss. I can't remember him landing anything memorable. I don't know, I was expecting a much more dominant performance considering the size mismatch and the age advantage.
                loooooooooooooooooooooool

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  He could always save his money and retire before his athleticism leaves him. That worked for Ward.

hopefully, I think this guy has at least 7 good years left though.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    I am not going to be hypocritical about it considering I criticize Andre Ward, I'm not liking what Loma is polishing in his gameplan, he's adding dirty tactics to it, punching after the bell, and some elbows.
                    Right after Rigo had him in a headlock.

I laughed at that very very-post bell shot.

Well deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                      loooooooooooooooooooooool
                      The **** is so funny

Comment

Working...
                      X