No announcement yet.

Check these foods out...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check these foods out...

For snacks... Try "Cliff Bars" (Chocolate Peanut Crunch is the best) and drink something called "Naked" (Mango is probably the best)...

If you guys know anything about these, let me know what you think of them... Taste-wise and health-wise....

"Chocolate peanut crunch" should probably tip you off...

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
      "Chocolate peanut crunch" should probably tip you off...
      What's wrong with this???

Ingredients: Organic Brown Rice Syrup, ClifProTM (Soy Rice Crisps [Soy Protein Isolate, Rice Flour, Malt Extract], Organic Roasted Soybeans, Organic Soy Flour), Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Organic Peanut Butter (Organic Peanuts, Salt), Peanut Flour, Chocolate Chips (Evaporated Cane Juice, Unsweetened Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavors), ClifCrunchTM (Apple Fiber, Organic Oat Fiber, Organic Milled Flaxseed, Inulin [Chicory Extract], Psyllium), Organic Fig Paste, Peanuts, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt.

Vitamins & Minerals: Dicalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E), Ferric Orthophosphate (Iron), Beta Carotene (Vit. A), Zinc Citrate, Phytonadione (Vit. K1), Biotin, Niacinamide (Vit. B3), Calcium Pantothenate (Vit. B5), Potassium Iodide, Manganese Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Sodium Selenite, Thiamin (Vit. B1), Chromium Chloride, Cyanocobalamin (Vit. B12), Sodium Molybdate, Folic Acid (Vit. B9), Riboflavin (Vit. B2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vit. B6).

Comment

I keep half a dozen Clif bars in my desk. Good stuff. Healthy. A little heavy on the sugar for my taste, but I eat half of one at a time. The Chocolate Peanut Crunch are the best, IMO. They also have the most protein.

I'm big on the Odwalla and the Naked juice, too. Again, a little heavy on the sugars (no added sugar, but there's a lot of natural sugar in fruit juice.) Just keep in mind that one Clif bar and one 12 oz. juice is about 500 calories -- that's a meal and it burns up fast; i.e., you'll be hungry again in 2 hours, so if you're counting calories it's not good.

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
          I keep half a dozen Clif bars in my desk. Good stuff. Healthy. A little heavy on the sugar for my taste, but I eat half of one at a time. The Chocolate Peanut Crunch are the best, IMO. They also have the most protein.

I'm big on the Odwalla and the Naked juice, too. Again, a little heavy on the sugars (no added sugar, but there's a lot of natural sugar in fruit juice.) Just keep in mind that one Clif bar and one 12 oz. juice is about 500 calories -- that's a meal and it burns up fast; i.e., you'll be hungry again in 2 hours, so if you're counting calories it's not good.
          Thanks man... I feel you on that... I am counting so I try to regulate when I eat them... Fit them into my diet...

Comment

Originally posted by *!#@PBRick@#!* View Post
            Thanks man... I feel you on that... I am counting so I try to regulate when I eat them... Fit them into my diet...
            i've never tried em, but i see the cliff bars all the time when i go to walmart...might have to try them out

Comment

They seem fine. Somewhat high in sat fat, and very high in sugar. I probably wouldn't have too many of them, but especially if you need a meal-replacement type thing, they'd be good. Just watch out for the sugar in those types of things, there's nearly as much as a normal chocolate bar.

Comment

Working...
              X