Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marquez Practicing the Lucky Punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that Manny has a cult like following but don't try to make it seem as if that man just threw a lucky punch. He fought him 3 times before. He knows him very well. The pump fake to the trademark Pacquiao southpaw straight put Marquez on his seat. He just found a way to counter it at the right time. Do I think he was on something when he was training.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
      i think TS was being sarcastic when he posted this....
      Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      It's called sarcasm.
      They can't read sarcasm like we can.

Comment

the fact that marquez landed that right hand to pacquiaos chin how many times?
        lots of times
        and pac was able to survive it so many times

the luck there is the part were pac jumped in straight to that right hand of marquez which knocks him out

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          that is the counter to the jab from a lefty. It's called an off angle right hand, sometimes it's been called other things but it's not a secret in the boxing world or anything like that.

I just think that manny hurting jmm in the last seconds of the 6th round, actually hurt him in the end because he got too aggressive. I wonder how much of what roach said to him really played into that.

The worst thing you can do is be overly aggressive against a counter puncher. Great punch though, amazing timing and it will go down as one of the best right hands in the history of boxing.
          ^^^^^^^^^^ this exactly...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            That is the counter to the jab from a lefty. It's called an off angle right hand, sometimes it's been called other things but it's not a secret in the boxing world or anything like that.
            No that punch is different. You counter the southpaw jab with a straight right hand while leaning to your left but Marquez's punch has a different angle, it's a short overhand right.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              No that punch is different. You counter the southpaw jab with a straight right hand while leaning to your left but Marquez's punch has a different angle, it's a short overhand right.

Goddamn you're beyond stupid.

1. It wasn't an overhand right it was a short straight right hand

2. All you gotta do is press play and you'll see JMM practicing that same counter he landed on Pac. Same timing, angle, same everything.
              Funny, you didnt think it was an overhand right before....

Comment

ps...still lucky he KO'd pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post
                  Funny, you didnt think it was an overhand right before....

At that point I had only watched the fight once on a stream and thought it was the exact same shot he used in sparring but after rewatching the fight in HD I noticed he changed the angle a little bit. It's still pretty much the same counter though. The timing is exactly the same.

Comment

At that point I had only watched the fight once on a stream and thought it was the exact same shot he used in sparring but after rewatching the fight in HD I noticed he changed the angle a little bit. It's still pretty much the same counter though. The timing is exactly the same.
                    first knockdown was a wide looping right hand

2nd knockout was a straight right to the chin

the timing was also different

the first knockdown pac was kind of stepping backward and got hit

then 2nd knockout pac jumped in to the straight right hand which doubled the force for the knockout

Comment

Originally posted by oscar_angels091 View Post
                      some ppl suck at sarcasm haha
                      TS shoulda included an apostrophe on that lucky punch part.

some people just suck at getting jokes lol

Comment

Working...
                      X