No announcement yet.

If Hulk Hogan came out today instead of the early 80's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Hulk Hogan came out today instead of the early 80's

Lets say the Hulk Hogan character came out today and someone else like The Red Rooster or Baston Booger was the top babyface of wrestling in the 80's, would he still be successful and eventually not just become a star but the face of wrestling or would he fail and be doing jobs on Smackdown to put over "Dashing" Cody Rhodes 7 months after his debut?

I think heel Hogan does well in any era though.

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    Lets say the Hulk Hogan character came out today and someone else like The Red Rooster or Baston Booger was the top babyface of wrestling in the 80's, would he still be successful and eventually not just become a star but the face of wrestling or would he fail and be doing jobs on Smackdown to put over "Dashing" Cody Rhodes 7 months after his debut?

I think heel Hogan does well in any era though.
    The Rooster was cool. But I don't remember Bastion Booger coming out until the mid 90's.

Circa the Giant Gonzales days.

As for Hogan, its hard to say since everything about wrasslin' is built around the foundation he laid. Considering his charisma I'd say he'd do well in any period.

One things for sure tho', Mr. Perfect is probably the best wrestler of all time both in and out of the ring.

Comment

Must repost again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
        The Rooster was cool. But I don't remember Bastion Booger coming out until the mid 90's.

Circa the Giant Gonzales days.

As for Hogan, its hard to say since everything about wrasslin' is built around the foundation he laid. Considering his charisma I'd say he'd do well in any period.

One things for sure tho', Mr. Perfect is probably the best wrestler of all time both in and out of the ring.
        Yeah him, Rick Rude, and Million dollar man were some of the best heels ever.

Comment

Whats crazy is that if you look at Bogan flexing in that video you'll see that he's really not that buff.

He's just kinda big in some spots and really underdeveloped in others but he's so big in those select spots that it creates an optical illusion about how buff he really is.

In reality, Dick Buffman is much more buff than him in a much more aesthetically pleasing and balanced way.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            Yeah him, Rick Rude, and Million dollar man were some of the best heels ever.
            Remember when Rick Rude used to come out and call Americans stupid and fat?

That's what Dick Buffman does in the lounge now.

Comment

Comment

Must repost again and again.

One of the ATG songs.

Comment

"Well you hurt my friends, and you hurt my pride,
                  I gotta be a man; I can't let it slide,
                  I am a real American, Fight for the rights of every man,
                  I am a real American, fight for what's right, fight for your life!"

Poetry to my ears.

Comment

Absolutely shredded and has the right to mock anyone's flabby ass any time of the day or night

Comment

Working...
                    X