No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nathan Cleverly: This Proves I'm Ready For The States

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nathan Cleverly: This Proves I'm Ready For The States

As reported earlier, Nathan Cleverly retained his WBO light-heavyweight title with an eighth-round stoppage of Shawn Hawk in Los Angeles. Defending the belt for the fourth time, Cleverly floored a game challenger three times in an eye-catching showing that keeps him on track for high-profile unification showdowns in 2013. [Click Here To Read More]

I don't see how fighting Hawk is good preparation for a unification bout.

Comment

Beating a guy who just came of a loss against an 8 fight rookie proves you are ready for fuck all.

Comment

This proves sheet! But it's nice to see him trying to make a name for himself in America, hope he fights someone like cloud next in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          This proves sheet! But it's nice to see him trying to make a name for himself in America, hope he fights someone like cloud next in America.
          proves he can be hit easily. proves he doesnt carry any power at all. just the same powder puff slappy crap that calzaghe used. and on the final knockdown before the stoppage he hit the guy square on the back of the head as he was going down a la abraham v dirrell so it also proves he can be a dirty little boy as well
          Last edited by vxrandall; 11-11-2012, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Check out Calzaghe's KO ratio. And Cleverly's in his last 10 fights.

Comment

this was a nothing fight but i suppose what it does do is give clev the experience of going over to the US and fighting there.

hope his next fight is against cloud - i think that would be really interesting

Comment

Originally posted by vxrandall View Post
                proves he can be hit easily. proves he doesnt carry any power at all. just the same powder puff slappy crap that calzaghe used. and on the final knockdown before the stoppage he hit the guy square on the back of the head as he was going down a la abraham v dirrell so it also proves he can be a dirty little boy as well
                He can be hit easy because he takes risks. 'Powder puff'? I saw great hand speed and good combination punching. He also showed good variety when boxing from range and when he decided to sit down on his shots and go to the body he stopped the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy John Fury View Post
                  Check out Calzaghe's KO ratio. And Cleverly's in his last 10 fights.
                  lies, damned lies and statistics.

look at calzaghes KO ratio in 2nd half of his career.

and look generally at the quality of the opposition KO'd

Comment

Originally posted by vxrandall View Post
                    lies, damned lies and statistics.

look at calzaghes KO ratio in 2nd half of his career.

and look generally at the quality of the opposition KO'd
                    look at the fact that Calzaghe had about a dozen hand injuries in the first half of his career, and frequent re-occurrences thereafter

and all those early hand injuries were not "lies" as they were commonly reported at the time, when Joe was still taking his opponents out with ease, so it's not like he needed any excuses

Oh, but Americans don't like to acknowledge that, do they

and yet Ward's hand injury against Froch is brought up every 5 seconds
                    Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 11-11-2012, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X