Help a sistah out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a sistah out

dudes

so i have a member of my family whose obese since childhood and came to me on some honest, humbling ****; her words broke me, man. she's one of those fat girls that if she lost 100lbs would be hawt as hell as she has a beautiful face.

so anyway, her objective of our talk was that she really wants to be normal, skinny, and i told her she would be my project and see her through.

i come to you all with my issue, the girls 22 and about 250lbs. i'm going to just have her come to the gym i go to, work out with her for an hour on saturday mornings and give her a regiment that you all will provide and then we do weigh in's every saturday to track her progress.

she can currently do about 30 mins on the elliptical - she has a pretty good core, i think.

what would you experts recommend for my saturday workouts with her and tell her to do during the week?

thanks brothers.

She should feel free to eat meat and drink milk , choco (no more than 3 sugar spoons for a big cup) , and cottage cheese.
    Bread , pizzas , etc should be out for the following 4-5 years at least .
    When thirsty only water can be taken into consideration .
    Eating peas with the fried meat is recommended as well.
    No more than 1 egg a day , while 0 per day is recommended as well .
    No potatoes , corn , wheat and their products.
    No candy.
    Rice consumption should be extremely limited if not stopped as well.
    Weight lifting is good.
    Running is prohibited as well as long she weighs above 180lbs while hydrated.
    Dehydration is not a thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
      She should feel free to eat meat and drink milk , choco (no more than 3 sugar spoons for a big cup) , and cottage cheese.
      Bread , pizzas , etc should be out for the following 4-5 years at least .
      When thirsty only water can be taken into consideration .
      Eating peas with the fried meat is recommended as well.
      No more than 1 egg a day , while 0 per day is recommended as well .
      No potatoes , corn , wheat and their products.
      No candy.
      Rice consumption should be extremely limited if not stopped as well.
      Weight lifting is good.
      Running is prohibited as well as long she weighs above 180lbs while hydrated.
      Dehydration is not a thing to do.
      thanks frank, you got any tips on what i should do with her during our weekly hour together?

Comment

Baya, if you really want her to lose weight, here's what you can do. I don't know if you know this butI am a trainer at a boxing gym here in Miami, I only train amateurs.

I don't claim to be an expert but I am surrounded by very knowledgeable people. I have a good friend of mine and she is a nutritionists. She graduated from the University of Florida and she knows the deal.

She put me on this diet and I lost 30lbs in about 2 months with intense work in the gym of course but if your sister follows this program, she will shed the weight...I guarantee it.

The trick is to eat about 6 - 7 times per day. The reason you do this is 2 reasons, #1 you fight off the hunger, eating just in time when you get hungry so you don't starve yourself and lose interest in the diet. #2 it speeds your metabolism and puts your body in weight loss mode.

You don't have to follow this by the exact time but I just put my times on there so you can get an idea of how often to eat.

8am breakfast - Bowl of cereal or oatmeal. Low fat milk and healthy cereal (check the label) low sugar, high fiber etc....with 1/2 glass of fresh squeezed OJ NOT FROM CONCENTRATE.

10am snack #1 - Low fat yogurt, less than 100 calories

12 noon lunch - Salad with 4oz piece of chicken or tuna, no cheese, no crutons and low fat dressing NO RANCH.

3pm second lunch - 4oz chicken breast, grilled w/ veggies. No butter on the veggies. You can have a healthy portion of veggies.

5pm snack #2 - Low fat pudding, less than 100 calories.

7pm dinner - Chicken, steak, fish grilled about 6oz. With veggies.

You can eat all kinds of stuff for your meals. For example, lean meats, fish or poultry. Veggies or fruits. Even bread but whole wheat, never mayo or cheese. If she really loves cheese, cut the portion in half.

You can even have Boca burger (veggie burgers) they are low in fat and taste good. Beans are also a great side dish, high in fiber and protein and low in fat content.

The plan is to simple keep eating all day, small healthy meals low in fat. If she's not big into working out, walk 20 minutes a day and just progress from there. Tell her she needs to do cardio at least 15 - 20 minutes per day.

Your body doesn't start to burn fat until you start sweating, basically reach your target heart rate. Her weight and age will determine that and you can Google the number.

Oh and drink water all day long. About 1/2 gallon per day. It will clean her out, detoxify here and keep her feeling "full".

If she follows this, she will lose weight man. Hope this helps homie, good luck and inspire her and keep her moral up.
        Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 02-10-2011, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
          Baya, if you really want her to lose weight, here's what you can do. I don't know if you know this butI am a trainer at a boxing gym here in Miami, I only train amateurs.

I don't claim to be an expert but I am surrounded by very knowledgeable people. I have a good friend of mine and she is a nutritionists. She graduated from the University of Florida and she knows the deal.

She put me on this diet and I lost 30lbs in about 2 months with intense work in the gym of course but if your sister follows this program, she will shed the weight...I guarantee it.

The trick is to eat about 6 - 7 times per day. The reason you do this is 2 reasons, #1 you fight off the hunger, eating just in time when you get hungry so you don't starve yourself and lose interest in the diet. #2 it speeds your metabolism and puts your body in weight loss mode.

You don't have to follow this by the exact time but I just put my times on there so you can get an idea of how often to eat.

8am breakfast - Bowl of cereal or oatmeal. Low fat milk and healthy cereal (check the label) low sugar, high fiber etc....with 1/2 glass of fresh squeezed OJ NOT FROM CONCENTRATE.

10am snack #1 - Low fat yogurt, less than 100 calories

12 noon lunch - Salad with 4oz piece of chicken or tuna, no cheese, no crutons and low fat dressing NO RANCH.

3pm second lunch - 4oz chicken breast, grilled w/ veggies. No butter on the veggies. You can have a healthy portion of veggies.

5pm snack #2 - Low fat pudding, less than 100 calories.

7pm dinner - Chicken, steak, fish grilled about 6oz. With veggies.

You can eat all kinds of stuff for your meals. For example, lean meats, fish or poultry. Veggies or fruits. Even bread but whole wheat, never mayo or cheese. If she really loves cheese, cut the portion in half.

You can even have Boca burger (veggie burgers) they are low in fat and taste good. Beans are also a great side dish, high in fiber and protein and low in fat content.

The plan is to simple keep eating all day, small healthy meals low in fat. If she's not big into working out, walk 20 minutes a day and just progress from there. Tell her she needs to do cardio at least 15 - 20 minutes per day.

Your body doesn't start to burn fat until you start sweating, basically reach your target heart rate. Her weight and age will determine that and you can Google the number.

Oh and drink water all day long. About 1/2 gallon per day. It will clean her out, detoxify here and keep her feeling "full".

If she follows this, she will lose weight man. Hope this helps homie, good luck and inspire her and keep her moral up.
          ^^^ ****en love you man, this was GOLD.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
            ^^^ ****en love you man, this was GOLD.
            See, not all us wet.backs are bad.....hehehe

Comment

See, not all us wet.backs are bad.....hehehe
              en serio - that was incredibly detailed and i've already printed it out.

i'll let you know how things go on a periodical basis.

i'm excited about this dude!!

Comment

one more thing brother - what do you suggest for our hour workouts??

Comment

en serio - that was incredibly detailed and i've already printed it out.

i'll let you know how things go on a periodical basis.

i'm excited about this dude!!
                  one more thing brother - what do you suggest for our hour workouts??
                  Remember a few things, try and mix up the meal plans. Like I said she can eat all kinds fo stuff, just make sure she stays away from big portions and anything WHITE.

White bread, pasta, rice etc are BAD.

She can also have a cheat day per week, not going over board but so she doesn't go crazy.

If she has to have a soda, drink diet or coke zero or pepsi max, I heard they are good.

For your hour together, you should start slow. You said she's 250lbs right? She's a big girl and I'm sure she's not in shape at all so start walking. Work yourself up to jogging in a few weeks then maybe running for a little.

I find the key to stay interested in working out is find something that she likes. For me it's boxing, for you I see is running. Did she ever play a sport? If she did, let her find that love again.

You don't need weight lifting or just boring trips to the gym and tred mill, it's better to find something you actually enjoy.

What she needs is CARDIO and lots of it.

Comment

Remember a few things, try and mix up the meal plans. Like I said she can eat all kinds fo stuff, just make sure she stays away from big portions and anything WHITE.

White bread, pasta, rice etc are BAD.

She can also have a cheat day per week, not going over board but so she doesn't go crazy.

If she has to have a soda, drink diet or coke zero or pepsi max, I heard they are good.

For your hour together, you should start slow. You said she's 250lbs right? She's a big girl and I'm sure she's not in shape at all so start walking. Work yourself up to jogging in a few weeks then maybe running for a little.

I find the key to stay interested in working out is find something that she likes. For me it's boxing, for you I see is running. Did she ever play a sport? If she did, let her find that love again.

You don't need weight lifting or just boring trips to the gym and tred mill, it's better to find something you actually enjoy.

What she needs is CARDIO and lots of it.
                    you are this sites biggest asset; thanks a ton 'mano.

here's to hoping we meet one day in MIA.

Comment

Working...
                    X