Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Sharpton Sells His Life Story For Half A Million Dollars — To His Own Charity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No respict for Al these days...

Comment

So he's supposed to have his life story told and not get paid anything for it?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          So he's supposed to have his life story told and not get paid anything for it?
          You can't be serious...yes he can sell his story. But to who...his own charity he uses to raises funds for the needy?

If I started a charity for hurricane victims and got you to donate your money to it...and above and beyond my salary (which happens to be a considerable 1/4 million $) I sell my underwear to the charity for $530K how would you feel about your and other peoples donations that are sitting in my pocket? Not to mention my charity is exempt from paying taxes because it's a non-profit charity. Nobody's saying he can't sell his story...but sell it to Hollywood not your own fund-raising machine. He's just siphoning the account that is supposed to be for the benefit of others not his own.
          Last edited by jaded; 12-09-2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
            You can't be serious...yes he can sell his story. But to who...his own charity he uses to raises funds for the needy?

If I started a charity for hurricane victims and got you to donate your money to it...and above and beyond my salary (which happens to be a considerable 1/4 million $) I sell my underwear to the charity for $530K how would you feel about your and other peoples donations that are sitting in my pocket? Not to mention my charity is exempt from paying taxes because it's a non-profit charity. Nobody's saying he can't sell his story...but sell it to Hollywood not you own fund-raising machine. He's just siphoning the account that is supposed to for the endowments of others for his own person benefit.
            I'd feel fine and applaud your genius. And that's why he sold it though his charity, so he wouldn't have to pay taxes for it.

I'm really only half serious, since Al Sharpton is a phony, race baiting, bag of diarrhea. If he really cared about race relations, then he would also say something when black people attacked white people or when black people committed crimes against each other or would speak out against street gangs, but he doesn't because he only cares about money and publicity.

But if a guy is only going to care about money, then doing something like going through his own charity is a good way to go about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              You would probably appreciate the books by William Pepper on the assassination of Dr King and the little known civil trial.

It includes what Jackson did there and then and the judge and jury found that James Earl Ray had nothing to do with it. The federal gov't got 70% of the blame and the rest to a local hood. The King family supported the trial and even had the findings and transcript on their website.

Many don't even know that MLK was killed exactly 1 year after giving a great speech IIRC in a Harlem church publicly denouncing the US' war on Vietnam.

One year to the day he was assassinated. Pepper's books reveal many things, including that the phone in the motel was switched off so they couldn't call for help.

Comment

Working...
              X