View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 07:01 PM #28
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DudeManGuy216 has a reputation beyond reputeDudeManGuy216 has a reputation beyond reputeDudeManGuy216 has a reputation beyond reputeDudeManGuy216 has a reputation beyond reputeDudeManGuy216 has a reputation beyond reputeDudeManGuy216 has a reputation beyond reputeDudeManGuy216 has a reputation beyond reputeDudeManGuy216 has a reputation beyond reputeDudeManGuy216 has a reputation beyond reputeDudeManGuy216 has a reputation beyond reputeDudeManGuy216 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 6,375.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Blitz
I finally watched the fight, and if you focus on the screen when Douglas drops you can see one of the asian officials on the sidelines doing the count. When he was at 5 the ref was at 3. Douglas DID beat the **** out of Tyson that night, but if the ref would've done the count right Tyson would've won with a freak KO just like on Botha. I still count it as a loss, he took a beating for 10 rounds but the ref count pisses me off.
Yeah but Douglas knew where he was and what he was doing, thats why he punched the mat cuz he knew he got overconfident in that round, you could see that from the beginning of the round when Buster wasn't sticking with the game plan and got knocked down. He could of got earlier but he waited til 9.
This is just like the infamous "Long Count Bout" with Dempsey/Tunney