No announcement yet.

sparring mouthguards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparring mouthguards

hi guys, just wondering wat kind of mouthguard / gumsheild you need for sparing. are the expensive shop bought ones ok or should i get a fitted one? how do i go about getting a fitted one? where are good places? thanks

Shock doctor memory foam mouthguards are good, most sports goods stores have them. The double ones are suppose to be good (they have a guard for both the top and bottom set of teeth as well as a hole to breathe through). But I've heard the double gum guards are hard to breathe through, I would suggest a single memory foam guard.

Comment

get a shock doctor for about 20 bucks they offer excellent protection

Comment

Get a custom one from a dentist.

Better to spend $100 or so now then get a tooth knocked out of place and have to spend $1000 to get it fixed like I did.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottDBA View Post
          Get a custom one from a dentist.

Better to spend $100 or so now then get a tooth knocked out of place and have to spend $1000 to get it fixed like I did.
          this stuff doesnt happen with shock doctor mouthguards. if you go buy this crap for 2 bucks then of course that could happen altho it usually doesnt because we have a lot of people using them

Comment

I go with the $1 mouthpiece at the sporting goods store. I've used it in competition and in sparring and have never had a concussion.

Comment

i have heard that Jawzz makes great custom mouthguards. they even have a new boil and bite custom version for $29.99.

Gladiator has custom mouthguards that sell for $50.

Comment

ok thanks guys. i was looking at shock doctor ones at the local sports shop so i will probably get one. is it better to get a double or single? i have a bit of an overbite. will that be a problem? and how do i get a custom mouthguard if i want one? are they worth it? thanks

Comment

get a double, they offer a lot more protection. and you dont have to worry about getting your jaw broken when you leave your mouth open because your mouth will be closed at all times with a double

Comment

ok cool. when people say 'custom' do they meen those proper ones that need an impression, or a boil and bite with a pretty decal of a shamrock or whatever? cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X