Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Darko Millic the worst draft pick EVER outside of Bowie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    I remember that draft.

I liked Tyson Chandler and Gasol over Brown. Especially Chandler, even though hes not a superstar now. But damn Chandler was a freak in highschool.
    Chandler was ****ing good coming out. Bulls also got the supposed "Baby Shaq" Eddy Curry in that same draft. I was young, but I remember being excited, and everyone thought the Bulls were gonna be back. I guess not

Comment

On Detroit Radio shows the fans wanted Melo.....

A small number wanted Darko.

You cant pass on a scorer like Melo when your team cant score points..and we couldnt at the time.
      Dumars was a genius when he assembled those good teams.

When his choices didn't pan out, all of a sudden he should have listened to the fans.

And when was the last time any GM actually listened to the fans?

Melo is good, what I'm saying is the Darko pick isn't such a bonehead move at the time.

Any GM could have made that mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
        Adam never played for the Bulls. He played For Charlotte before.

Adam has done ****. He was on the #2 all Rookie team, he got injured, then has done jack **** at all. Got traded, somehow won 2 rings. Career high of 11 PPG, but after that 4, 2, 2, and 1 PPG seasons. Darko over his career scores 2 less PPG, but does a whole bunch of other thing's better than Morrison
        I learned something new. NOT.

Seriously man it was ill communication.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
          I learned something new. NOT.

Seriously man it was ill communication.
          Its straight. Don't worry anout it

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            Its straight. Don't worry anout it
            No but seriously as a rebounding threat entering the piston program he was highly touted,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I thought he would amount to a better prospect.

Looked like the garbage player who could attempt to post up in spots or shoot the mid range shot etc. Just he didn't amount to the TS List.

Darko that is.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

If Detroit had drafted Dwyane Wade, do you think he would of still won a championship?

Comment

Here's a list of all the draft classes. Andrew Bogut over Deron Williams, Chris Paul, and Danny Granger is not a good look either, even though Bogut hasn't been a bust. There probably won't be a pick worse than Milicic though.

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_history/index.html

I just noticed how good of team the Celtics would've had without the ****ty trades over the years. Chauncey and Joe Johnson would've allowed them to keep Jefferson and been a pretty good team by now.

Comment

no, worst draft pick ever is Jamarcus Russell. That is THE worst draft pick in the history of sports. this guy can't play in the CFL or even the Arena league, let alone the NFL. The guy isn't even worthy of being a bench player in the NFL yet he was the 1st overall pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Benavidez Mafia View Post
                    Darko > Howard.
                    could be..

if he didn't rot in the bench and became pistons victory cigar..

darko is the typical euro, soft outside shooting but bangs inside for rebounds and blocks..

talking about wasted potential..

bosh could have the same fate if he was drafted by pistons instead of going to toronto.. i recall, darko is more NBA ready than bosh, but bosh was forced to play because he was needed from the start.. darko was just watching in the bench and more of an "insurance" once the pistons big got old. who would blame pistons org? they are winning that time and a perennial eastern contender.

Comment

People that Dumars passed on to take Darko.

Chris Bosh
                      Dwayne Wade
                      Carmelo Anthony
                      Kirk Hinrich
                      TJ Ford
                      Josh Howard
                      Kendrick Perkins
                      Mo Williams
                      Boris Diaw
                      Leandro Barbosa
                      Originally posted by TredKiller View Post
                      lol Dumars is an idiot
                      Looking back, obviously it was a terrible pick. You have to realize though, at the time everyone was saying Darko was a can't miss Euro prospect.

The one thing I will say is, he should've taken Carmelo. The other guys you mention we can only talk about now. No one knew Darko would be a bust when they drafted him, but I remember questioning them taking him over a proven comodity in Anthony.

Comment

Working...
                      X