Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Boxing ever claim another "Baddest man on the planet"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
    Tyson wasn't ever the baddest man alive. he was a ferocious puncher that beat some ok opponents but as soon as it got tough, soon as he had to dig deep and find it within himself to come back, he lost and lost embarrassingly.

calling Brock Lesnar the baddest man on the planet was just advertising and it worked. but yeah it ended up being even more embarrassing than Tyson being called it.

you can't call any fighter who quits like a ***** badass.....
    you gotta be kidding me... Tyson was the last and only baddest man on the planet.

Comment

Jon Bones Jones is the baddest man on the planet imo. Look at the comp he has embarrassed already in his young career. Bones hits vatos w the banger, hate him or love em

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
        Jon Bones Jones is the baddest man on the planet imo. Look at the comp he has embarrassed already in his young career. Bones hits vatos w the banger
        Cain would **** his **** up, so no.

Comment

I don't know.

I guess you had to have been around and followed the sport at my age to appreciate what type of buzz Tyson had. Basically from destroying Berbick to become the youngest HW champion, to it's zenith when he took out Spinks in the first round.

He was basically deemed invincible.

The coming out in the black trunks, black footwear, with nothing but a towel.

The glowering stare downs during the pre-fight instructions.

The ferocity of his fighting style.

It all combined to give an image of one BAMF. The baddest man that drew breath on the planet, at the time.

Comment

You forgot one.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              Cain would **** his **** up, so no.
              i would pick bones over cain all day long........

the baddest man on the planet award is up in the air though. we know it doesn't reside in boxing anymore.

Comment

He's already here, when he retires you all will miss him. At least Broner will carry the torch.

#TMT

Comment

In a street fight the winner is usually the one who throws the first punch.

no wrestling and jumping guard in a street fight.

So absolutely, a hw boxer can still be the baddest men on the planet.

Comment

This is how I look at it.

Imagine a George Foreman connecting on someone wearing 4 oz gloves.

The UFC started off as a unlimited, no holds barred type of deal. So you had huge bar room brawler guys, people that were trained and proficient in a structured type of Martial Art, no weight limit, let the chips fall were they may.

The MMA world has evolved. You have to be world class in something to compete at the elite level. And have a decent understanding of everything else.

The baddest man in the world is probably some 80 year old, 130 pound Monk.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      This is how I look at it.

Imagine a George Foreman connecting on someone wearing 4 oz gloves.

The UFC started off as a unlimited, no holds barred type of deal. So you had huge bar room brawler guys, people that were trained and proficient in a structured type of Martial Art, no weight limit, let the chips fall were they may.

The MMA world has evolved. You have to be world class in something to compete at the elite level. And have a decent understanding of everything else.

The baddest man in the world is probably some 80 year old, 130 pound Monk.
                      Have you fuxkin seen Ninja Assassin?!

Comment

Working...
                      X