Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Opponent for Mayweather: Guerrero OR Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Opponent for Mayweather: Guerrero OR Alvarez?

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding.

On one hand is a young fighter who looks HOF bound but has faced nobody of note thus far.

Then there's the less talented boxer who jumped two weight divisions yet has managed to beat ranked opposition, going life and death with them.
    Mayweather vs Guerrero
    21.31%
    Mayweather vs Alvarez
    78.69%
    Last edited by GrandpaBernard; 12-01-2012, 02:52 PM.

Alvarez for me. But we all know what's actually going to happen, Canelo vs Cotto/Trout[fingers crossed that it's Cotto], and Mayweather vs Guerrero. That's what's probably going to happen. Winners probably face eachother.

Comment

I'm going to go with Guerrero actually, I just feel he has shown me more aspects of his game against the better opposition.

I think Canelo is big & talented but I can't help but notice how slow he is at the foot. Hes got very slow feet & hasn't fought anyone worth a damn.

I think Aydin and Berto are better than what Mosley and Rhodes were at that stage of their career.
      Stylistically I think he would do better than Canelo would but Canelo would beat Guerrero head-to-head.

Comment

Canelo, because of the weight disparity and less wear on his body.

Comment

Voted the wrong one.

Comment

Guerrero is more battle tested and has done more to earn it but Alvarez is the bigger challenge.

I'd take Floyd vs. Canelo over RG any day of the week.

Comment

Guerrero. Not that I think it would be a better fight but Canelo needs beat some worth a damn first. If he can beat Cotto in May then the fight with Mayweather will be a lot bigger as well and create some mainstream buzz.

Comment

it's quite obviously alvarez

guerrero is a beast, and beat berto's azz, but lets be real. canelo would knock everybody on guerrero's CV out badly.

berto vs alvarez?
                berto's health would be put at hazard. all that would be discussed is how much of a mismatch it was.

Comment

you're asking two different quesitons, as well.

who would i rather see get the fight?
                  guerrero. he's earned it. his family deserves the payday.

who would be a better opponent and make for a more competive fight?
                  alvarez.

Comment

At 147, Guerrero. At 154, Alvarez.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X