This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
    They aren't underrated. They have a poor record vs the top teams and literally live on beating the crap teams in the league.

They have a solid team on paper when everyone is fit. Problem is Koseilny is injured usually for half the season and none of their CB's are even as close to being as good as him. Wenger typically does really stupid things which Pep, Jose and Poch wouldn't usually do. Everyone has been screaming to play Ozil, Sanchez and Lacazette together but he barely ever does it. When he does, they are quality. They can be played off the park by the likes of Man City and Liverpool who are scary going forward.
    How would they run that? 4231 or 433, maybe a 4411?

I wouldn't trust Ozil anywhere outside of CAM tbh though.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
      They aren't underrated. They have a poor record vs the top teams and literally live on beating the crap teams in the league.

They have a solid team on paper when everyone is fit. Problem is Koseilny is injured usually for half the season and none of their CB's are even as close to being as good as him. Wenger typically does really stupid things which Pep, Jose and Poch wouldn't usually do. Everyone has been screaming to play Ozil, Sanchez and Lacazette together but he barely ever does it. When he does, they are quality. They can be played off the park by the likes of Man City and Liverpool who are scary going forward.
      I thought they played well against City they could've easily got a point only vs Liverpool were they outclassed on paper they are deep but English media are in love with Tottenham for some reason

Wenger gets a lot of hate and rightfully so but I think Arsenal are getting back to top 4 this year

Comment

• Am I the only one thinks Arsenal actually just achieve what they are meant to?

They win the F.A cup and come 4th or 5th.

I think the presence of Ozil and Sanchez skew people's opinions. Not another one of their players would get in Chelsea's team, never mind the Mancs. Ozil wouldn't get into Chelsea's team either imo.

The bought a good player in Lacazette but Chelsea go out and get Morata and Man U get Lukaku. So they literally can't catch up unless the buy a series of players who get better at the club. Like they did with Henry and Vieira and even Pires. The top dogs aren't going there and they aren't renewing contracts of the two stars that are there.

Hasn't happened at Arsenal for a while, ever since Wenger just had all the connections in France.

Comment

• I agree. It's too late for Arsenal to attempt to go Galacticos like the rest of the top 4 (minus tottenham).

Truly elite players don't want to go there and the top players they can get, are so much better than the rest of the players that they don't care enough to give 100% every game... ala Sanchez and Ozil.

Here's a question though. What is Arsenal's identity?

Like seriously. Liverpool and Tottenham press opponents off the pitch.
          Chelsea and United sit deep and counter; United more rigid than Chelsea going forward but we can clearly see an identity.
          Then you have Man City whom control every facet of the game. Total football.

Wtf is Arsenal? Because I don't see one.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            How would they run that? 4231 or 433, maybe a 4411?

I wouldn't trust Ozil anywhere outside of CAM tbh though.
            3-5-2-1. They used it v Spurs.

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            I thought they played well against City they could've easily got a point only vs Liverpool were they outclassed on paper they are deep but English media are in love with Tottenham for some reason

Wenger gets a lot of hate and rightfully so but I think Arsenal are getting back to top 4 this year
            You are right. They did look good vs City. City's beautiful counter-attack and quality just shone through.

Arsenal can get top 4 if their main players remain fit. I think Chelsea are looking scary too again...they need Kante fit and Hazard isn't even playing amazing week in week out.

If Arsenal don't get top 4 this season, I don't know if Wenger stays unless they win Europa/FA Cup.

Comment

• I think Chelsea are probably just as good as last season on balance. So are Liverpool, Spurs, and Arsenal.

Chelsea only got 4 points vs the big dogs away last season. Losing to Spurs, Arsenal, and United. So they weren't that great.

It does sort of suggest that Chelsea's 3-4-3 hasn't been the resounding success that it was billed as. We likely won the league so easily because of renewed confidence, and we played a 1 game a week most weeks, even getting dumped out of the league cup early.

Chelsea should win against Carrier Bag but history more or less says they'll probably lose to Liverpool on the Saturday. Then Chelsea will be in 'crisis' again.

I think Conte should have tried something in recent months because Chelsea had no control of any games for about 6 weeks but outside the Roma game which is the worst Chelsea performance I can remember since getting bashed 5-1 by Liverpool in the 90's, Chelsea are probably just as good as they were last season. Even the Palace game whilst was poor Chelsea could still have won it. Burnley was a first day of the season freak with a very sympathetic/poor referee. That Cahill sending off hasn't set any kind of precedent so essentially it was a rogue decision that cost Chelsea the game.

I think Chelsea have stood still but City and United have gotten stronger. But I think whoever goes out of Chelsea and Man U in the CL first finishes above the other in the league. And I am surprised at how weak Chelsea have been in the CL. Genuinely, thought we might win it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

I think the presence of Ozil and Sanchez skew people's opinions. Not another one of their players would get in Chelsea's team, never mind the Mancs. Ozil wouldn't get into Chelsea's team either imo.
                I don't know why people say that when the Mancs have Smalling , Phil Jones, Stones and Otamendi
                France and German international are not as good as those players? Koscielny not good enough next to the great Gary Cahill?

Is Hector Bellerin not better than Victor Moses, Valencia or Walker?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  I don't know why people say that when the Mancs have Smalling , Phil Jones, Stones and Otamendi
                  France and German international are not as good as those players? Koscielny not good enough next to the great Gary Cahill?

Is Hector Bellerin not better than Victor Moses, Valencia or Walker?
                  I don't think is Hector Bellerin better than Victor or Valencia or Walker and Victor has played that role for less than a year.

Chelsea have better defenders than Cahill themselves. Chelsea have Antonio Rudiger where Arsenal have Rob Holding.

Wenger does alright.

If Arsenal had Usmanov as owner then the landscape of English football changes, imo. Until then. No.

I actually think Jones is better than Mustafi too.
                  Last edited by Sparked_26; 11-21-2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    I agree. It's too late for Arsenal to attempt to go Galacticos like the rest of the top 4 (minus tottenham).

Truly elite players don't want to go there and the top players they can get, are so much better than the rest of the players that they don't care enough to give 100% every game... ala Sanchez and Ozil.

Here's a question though. What is Arsenal's identity?

Like seriously. Liverpool and Tottenham press opponents off the pitch.
                    Chelsea and United sit deep and counter; United more rigid than Chelsea going forward but we can clearly see an identity.
                    Then you have Man City whom control every facet of the game. Total football.

Wtf is Arsenal? Because I don't see one.
                    I somewhat agree with this. We went from a counter attacking team, to a possession based team.

Since signing Ozil and Sanchez, it's hard to describe what we are now. Wengerball is definitely dead though. It will be interesting to see the direction we go when they leave.

Comment

• Liverpool

Comment

Working...
                      X