Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who paying PPV to watch Manny Pacquiao have an easy fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    In boxing guys go down hill very fast, if you can't follow that logic I question your whole knowledge base of the sport, as that is the most likely outcome. You can find exception but you are only proving the rule because for most guys they don't come back.

Sure guys can come back but usually that is because they get matched properly and avoid guys that can make them look like shit again. Note the type of guys Barrera fought after Jones they were all similar until Manny.

If you lose badly or even look bad it is generally a harbinger of things to come especially for older guys against guys that are poor matchups.
    You question my knowledge of the sport and post B.S. like this? Barrera matched carefully and fought guys that were all similar....GTFOH with that b.s.

That's has got to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard....but thx for the laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Beast View Post
      Again lets say Mosley is a tuneup....which is comical:

When Oscar was on top of the sport...there were fights in which those guys were clearly scrubs yet they were PPV's.

Same with Ali. While PPV didn't exist back in the day....he was the top draw in boxing and fought several easy fights.

Even with Tyson....dude took on several overmatch opponents.

When in the history of the sport of boxing does a guy go out at face the number one threat each and every time? It has never happened like that in boxing....so even if Manny takes an easy fight next.....who cares?

Cotto wasn't easy.....look at Manny's face afterwards

Clottey was easy only because he didn't come outta his shell....but b4 that no one has decisively beat him and he has been in the ring with some of the best WW's and held his own.

Margarito wasn't easy as most think as he almost Knocked him down and had him hurt on several occasion. FWIW Marg is like Glen Johnson in he sense that he will always be that rugged guy that you will have to work to beat. Yeah Mosley KO'd him and props for that....but Marg is a tough fight for anyone in or around his division.
      Cotto, Clootey and margarito bring very little to the table to me that should trouble Manny, Cotto and Margarito are offensive minded guys but no where near as good as Manny and Clottey can be bottled up by all out aggression.

I thought he would win all three and the only one I though may be close was Cotto but I knew after the first half he was always going to be in trouble because he always starts going backwards and fights piss-poor going backwards, so if Manny would survive the beginning he was always going to win because Manny is good enough to make Cotto retreat.

Those aren't tough matchups, to me. Atleast to provide question that Manny may not be able to answer.
      Last edited by The Gambler1981; 11-18-2010, 03:41 PM.

Comment

As for the them being tune ups I already said I don't view those guys as worse than the last opponents. Atleast they are different guys.

Comment

Working...
        X