Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird issues with boxing all of a sudden...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird issues with boxing all of a sudden...

I spent a few years training in boxing, doing everything from sparring to competing. Then I took a few years off...I always had to dig deep to go miles away to spar and train but I always got through it. Some days I dreaded going to the gym but always went. So I decided to start back up again recently and joined a new boxing gym...But now all of a sudden this strange despair comes over me when its time to go to the gym. Its like it puts me in this weird, blue mood. I still fight through it and go to the gym and do what I have to, but its getting a bit overwheliming. Its almost like I hate boxing now...BUT when I'm away from boxing, I miss it and want to do it. The hell kind of strange quandary is this??

I undoubtedly have a fighter's spirit and it is always calling me. But it seems like I have such an internal war going on that its like I'm fighting 2 battles, one inside my mind and one in the ring. Which makes it twice as hard.

Anyone go through anything like this? Any suggestions on how to work through it? I don't wanna give up the sport because it has helped me in alot of ways...But I can say in simple terms that I hate to box. But I also love it. As little sense as that makes, it is the truth.

it sounds as if you dont like the pain associated with training but love the euphoric sensation afterward. Does the end justify the means..

Comment

/

i know wht u feel im the same somtimes, i feel as tho i have to go to boxing and i want to go and i want to try andf work hard and do my best but once im there i seem to give up and lack spirit and stuff.

i have to get a 1 hour bus jurney just after school wen im really tryed and wud love just to play xbox live with my freinds but i get a 1 hour bus to boxing i train and come back eat then go to sleep, i feel guily a bit if i dont go and make decisions if i shud go or not so nights, i like to go because i absloutly love boxing best sport in thw world and my family and dad brother grandand like me to go, i enjoy it but dread going sumtimes.

if im not felin like trainign i watch some really good boxing vids on you tube

just get it in to your head wht u want to do, tell your slef and dnt lie to ur slef just make the decison to train hard and box or not to,

i was lisening to some music the other day at school and everybody was discussing jobs wiht the teachers and all says how they are going to this collage or this collage and will be earniong loads of money and then the teacher came over to me an sed ' wht are you going to be ' i sed ' im gonna be a boxer' the whole class burst out laughing, and people strarted taking the mick saying 'oooh dont hurnt me, mr boxer '

saying that to my teacher and everyone lauging at me made me feel so good, i have such a dertemnation to do well and prove them rong and laugh back at there face

ive spoden to much agin but just motavaite yourslef and chose box or not

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
        it sounds as if you dont like the pain associated with training but love the euphoric sensation afterward. Does the end justify the means..
        You are right. When I leave the gym after a good workout, or good sparring match, I feel great. But on the training days I start to dread having to trek down there, and go through all the training sparring. When its over, its always like "that wasnt bad at all, actually it felt great." Then come next day to train I start dreading it all over again. Its truly a tug of war that I cant explain.

Originally posted by mr tricky View Post
        i know wht u feel im the same somtimes, i feel as tho i have to go to boxing and i want to go and i want to try andf work hard and do my best but once im there i seem to give up and lack spirit and stuff.

i have to get a 1 hour bus jurney just after school wen im really tryed and wud love just to play xbox live with my freinds but i get a 1 hour bus to boxing i train and come back eat then go to sleep, i feel guily a bit if i dont go and make decisions if i shud go or not so nights, i like to go because i absloutly love boxing best sport in thw world and my family and dad brother grandand like me to go, i enjoy it but dread going sumtimes.

if im not felin like trainign i watch some really good boxing vids on you tube

just get it in to your head wht u want to do, tell your slef and dnt lie to ur slef just make the decison to train hard and box or not to,

i was lisening to some music the other day at school and everybody was discussing jobs wiht the teachers and all says how they are going to this collage or this collage and will be earniong loads of money and then the teacher came over to me an sed ' wht are you going to be ' i sed ' im gonna be a boxer' the whole class burst out laughing, and people strarted taking the mick saying 'oooh dont hurnt me, mr boxer '

saying that to my teacher and everyone lauging at me made me feel so good, i have such a dertemnation to do well and prove them rong and laugh back at there face

ive spoden to much agin but just motavaite yourslef and chose box or not
        Yea, I think my problem is that I dont know how to let go of it. After doing very well in my fights and feeling that euphoric sensation of spotlight and victory, I keep yearning it. Its always in the back of my head. Yet in my heart I know I hate preparing for it and it is not fun to me at all. When I first started it was fun...now its tedious.

And get this, yall will think Im crazy but...I shouldnt be boxing. I have a joint condition which anyone that has is supposed to stay away from contact sports. Im 27 and have bursitis and arthritis in all my joints. I get horrific muscle soreness after a real hard spare or training day. A real tough day of training and I need no less than 3 days to recuperate. I used to have to lie to my trainer and say I wasnt in the gym cuz I had to work.

Every logical thing tells me that I shouldnt be boxing. I know I shouldnt. My doctor knows I shouldnt. But I for some reason have a hard time accepting it. Theres constantly a fighter inside whispering to me.
        Last edited by Gorilla Pound; 01-24-2008, 02:53 PM.

Comment

do you have any friends at your gym or are you cool with the trainers? i know im always more excited to go now that im cool with everyone that works there and have friends who go there too, or maybe you should check out other types of fighting if the initial thought makes you feel bad but the afterwards of a fight seems fun

Comment

thats an odd situation but if u want 2 box u hav 2 put hard work in thats the bottom line

Comment

You have got to search your soul bro...You really have to dig deep and make a decision if this is what you really want to do...Or are you just going thru the motions....

It wouldnt be a bad thing if you decided to stop and move on to different things...Life is very short and its a big world with many things to do. but, the most precious thing you have is time and it is up to you to decide how you want to spend it...

Before one of my uncles passed away a few years ago, he told me this...You need to have goals in life and you need to write them down on paper so you can see them everyday...He told me that over time, the goals he once wanted to accomplish changed and new goals were put in their place. He said this is a good thing because no matter what he was always working towards something he wanted to accomplish, even if these goals changed frequently. He did stress however that whatever I chose to do, to do it without leaving anything on the table...

He was a very succesful and respected man. I miss him dearly and I will never forget what he told me...I wish you the best man!

Comment

well....dunno why i chose this one to be my first post, but hello everyone, ive been reading the forums for about a week now. I'm personally getting ready to start training for real, looking to make a sort of occupation out of the sport, i sit and feel the way i feel, to remember the moment. Gorilla Pound, i think what you need to do is have a sit, in your gym, or your home training area and feel the way you felt when you first set foot in a ring, or the first fight you won. you've got to remember why you started in the first place. Realize how much you miss it when you are away from it, and think about why you miss it. you only live once

Comment

Boxing will make you a very strong individual in many ways. It can be life changing. Whether you ever fight an actually fight or go to the pros or ameteurs, The training and the dedication the sport takes, will take you far. If you can train for boxing, you can do anything you put your mind to.

Comment

i dont think your hearts in it.

i played guitar for 6 years.. and over time. i got to same point u are at..

i hated practicing.. but afterwords.. i felt good.. sometimes i did it for hours.. then i wouldnt do it for weeks..

now its months..

just let it go.

Comment

Working...
                    X