No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Seth Mitchell: Rematch Will Show I’m Better Than Banks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Seth Mitchell: Rematch Will Show I’m Better Than Banks

Almost exactly three months will have separated the night in November that Johnathan Banks gave Seth Mitchell his pro defeat and the day this coming February that Mitchell will face Banks in a rematch and try to avenge that loss.

Banks-Mitchell 2 is slated to take place on Feb. 16 at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, the same venue as their first bout, and once again on the undercard of an Adrien Broner main event. (Broner will defend his lightweight title against Gavin Rees).

Mitchell was a hyped heavyweight prospect at the time, receiving prime slots on HBO broadcasts and hearing his name mentioned as a potential foe down the line for one of the Klitschko brothers.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Very good Q/A.

Good to see Seth knows what he did wrong and will be working on them leading up to the next go around.

Comment

I guess it's gonna have to cause the 1st fight sure didn't. And now, I 'll go read the post.

Comment

Mitchell sucks, said it from the beginning.

Comment

After reading that, 1 thing I really am impressed with was his answer to tuneups. It seems like everybody wants a damn tune up. Get in there Mitchel. In this fight game you do got to have callused skin. Don't pamper & protect. Don't cherrypick & tune up. If you want it, go fight for it. Don't accept gift belts & undeserved big money fights, go out there & take em. Earn them.

Comment

Seth made numerous mistakes in the Banks fight I feel confident that he will correct the problems and fight a smarter fight this time Seth will win the rematch

Comment

Banks is smarter and all around better! Plain and simple!

Comment

This is an interesting rematch.

Mitchell might have been taking Banks too lightly and so this fight may be more competitive.

Comment

I could not believe in the fight buildup how much they were downplaying Banks' record. I couldn't believe it on fight night when they were commentating when Banks was making his ring walk. His record is impressive and his experience against better opposition should have not been ignored. That said, I think this rematch is a bad fight for Mitchell to take at this stage, and I think Banks will knock him out again.

Comment

He's entirely too lazy and too sloppy..seems like he just punches to punch most of the time..no real set up at all involved sort of like if it lands it lands if not i'll just keep trying..it's almost like once you get past 175lbs fighters lose most their accuracy with a few exceptions

Comment

Working...
                    X