Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler To Froch: Don't Worry, I'll Beat You Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big fan of both guys who are not only great fighters, but also warriors.

I thought the first fight was a draw (Froch was unlucky not to get credit for a knockdown though), but I think Froch will win this one on points.

This is the best fight in boxing for me, they match up perfectly for another all out war.

Comment

Froch cant hurt Kessler and he is not fast or active enough to win on points. Froch will lose a close decision again even if it is in Nottingham.

Comment

You gotta love the SMW division. The talent pool is incredibly deep, you got a lot of good rivalries brewing as well as guys in the P4P rankings (Ward, Froch).

That said this is one of the more intreguing matchups that should be made. I favor Froch at this point because he looks like he's at his peak in terms of skill, mental ability and physical condition. Kessler is a warrior, has solid boxing fundamentals but he's struggled with injuries in the last several years and I think he's past him prime years of boxing.

I'm going with Froch by late round TKO...

Comment

Originally posted by Concussive View Post
          I can agree with that. With Froch's recent form he looks like he'd even give SOG a good fight in a rematch. He looks phenomenal right now. I'll Froch over Kessler though. I might change that depending on how Kessler looks in his next fight.
          Froch will apparently never stop being the most overrated fighter in these forums. Why is it that some fans take zero note of the quality of opposition when assessing a fighters ablilities and so-called improvement? Froch can only go so far on guts and bravado. He can outbox and outpunch 3rd-tier guys like Yusaf Mack and fragile minded fighters like Bute, but Ward has shown himself to be several notches above that crowd. What kind of improvement in craft or speed has Froch shown since his first loss to Ward that wouldn honestly make someone believe that the outcome of a rematch would be any different? I would love to see the fight, but I'm convinced that it would only end worse for Froch (probable TKO or KO).
          Last edited by NachoMan; 11-20-2012, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Even with a major eye injury that gave him doublevision, Kessler was able to hurt Froch and clearly outpoint him. Now Kessler is free of injuries and I'm confident Froch won't make it to the final bell next time.

Comment

Haha, whatever the result, neither Kessler or Ward would knock out Froch.

Comment

I can agree with that. With Froch's recent form he looks like he'd even give SOG a good fight in a rematch. He looks phenomenal right now. I'll Froch over Kessler though. I might change that depending on how Kessler looks in his next fight.
                I don't see that. Both Ward and Kessler are levels above Mack & Bute. Kessler has better boxing skills and equal if not more power than Froch. Froch may have the chin advantage but both fighters have been down the same amount of times in their careers = 1. If Kessler fights like he did a couple of years ago, he will oupoint Froch.

Comment

I believe that Froch has fought the better competition since the two of them fought and has improved while Kessler has more or less just remained stagnant. I have Froch on points in a fun one.

Comment

All I know is if they fight again HBO or Showtime better pick up this fight.

Comment

I'd agree. Froch seems to have a new mindset after the Ward loss. Its like he goes into the ring thinking "I will NOT lose to anyone again", he is so aggressive but at the same time he is thinking in there as well, he is boxing and jabbing his way in before unloading, only a year ago he was still throwing wild uppercuts and hooks from the outside hoping to land. I think McCraken has got him under a little more control. On top of this he is so focused at the moment, he'll give anyone a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X