No announcement yet.

Fury-Wilder 2 vs AJ-Ruiz 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
    Difference is Fury played to Wilders strength and wanted to show wilder and everyone that he can employ that type of game plan and execute it.

You are right AJ won everyone round against a lazy fat fuk in Ruiz but His cautious style imo made him look more like a scared bítch than some master boxer.

IMO Aj stock didn’t raise one bit and fury’s stock is through the roof.
    That’s true actually.

There wasn’t anyone that was truly impressed with AJ’s rematch win. He got some praise for sticking to a game plan of not getting into a fight and just staying out of the way of Ruiz.

There was no statement made though. For me it answered absolutely no questions. AJ went into panic mode the very few times Ruiz got near him and he looked gun shy.

It’s not even like an out of shape Ruiz had to make him work to execute the game plan.

I would actually say AJ put on a great performance if Ruiz showed up in condition to fight and pressured him and AJ stuck to the plan. But AJ was just given free reign to run around the ring by an awful Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
      If Lennox ran around the ring for 12 rounds in the rematch and decisioned Rahman then he isn’t the legend he is today. He’s a laughing stock. Every fight is a legacy fight. You don’t pick and choose which one is.
      - -Lewie boy picked to be one punched x2.

Name the other greats in title fights where that happened?

Well?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
        - -Lewie boy picked to be one punched x2.

Name the other greats in title fights where that happened?

Well?
        Rephrase your question and include a point so I know where you’re coming from for once.

Comment

Fury didn't lose the first fight with Wilder so he wasn't going in there with the stigma of losing his 0. He wasn't stopped.

AJ was going in to it different, knowing he had to change his style to survive. Fury changed his style to finish Wilder off, a man he knew he already beat over 12.

So what Fury did to Wilder didn't make AJ's performance in his rematch look *****. Fury's feat was more impressive than AJ's, but Joshua avenging a defeat over 12 rounds in his very next fight is still a brilliant thing to have done and he has shown another dimension to his game - ability to move effectively for 12 rounds and not gas against a man who some suggest he quit against.

Different feats, both excellent, Fury's was more impressive and more historically significant without a doubt. But if AJ goes on to become undisputed (I think it will be Fury) then he needed that whooping by Ruiz Jr to get there.

Comment

Furys performance was obviously much more eye catching but come on now, totally different match ups requiring different approaches. Ruiz has a good chin and wants to get into dogfights. Wilder is a glass cannon who wants to stay at distance and snipe with his killer right hand. One guy is easiest to beat with jabs, range and movement. The other is easiest to beat by getting in his face and bullying him. Lets not act like Fury is normally some monster who walks people down and destroys them, or that Joshua is usually on his bike jabbing his way to decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
              Fury didn't lose the first fight with Wilder so he wasn't going in there with the stigma of losing his 0. He wasn't stopped.

AJ was going in to it different, knowing he had to change his style to survive. Fury changed his style to finish Wilder off, a man he knew he already beat over 12.

So what Fury did to Wilder didn't make AJ's performance in his rematch look *****. Fury's feat was more impressive than AJ's, but Joshua avenging a defeat over 12 rounds in his very next fight is still a brilliant thing to have done and he has shown another dimension to his game - ability to move effectively for 12 rounds and not gas against a man who some suggest he quit against.

Different feats, both excellent, Fury's was more impressive and more historically significant without a doubt. But if AJ goes on to become undisputed (I think it will be Fury) then he needed that whooping by Ruiz Jr to get there.
              Idk man, that Fury performance was ten times better than the AJ performance. Without a doubt.

Imo fury did win the first fight but that knock down in the twelfth was vicious and would make 99.999999% of boxers who were rematching that person who almost decapitated them very cautious. Fury could have said look I’m going to be super slick, box beautifully, avoid Wilders shots and cruise to victory. And everyone would have good luck trying to implement that over the whole course of the fight. He would have gotten zero flack for wanting to fight wilder that way and in fact everyone would have said smart game plan.

With AJ he was staying Ruiz was a fluke, he got blessed by the boxing gods and only landed a lucky punch. And he was very adamant about going for a knock out and putting on a vicious victory. But in the rematch it obvious when that fight started Ruiz wasn’t going to be a danger at all. He was fat, out of shape, and slow. Ruiz was ripe to be knocked out. Instead AJ cruised to a very cautious and overly safe victory. He got win but imo very unsatisfying.

Fury on the other hand did exactly what every thought he couldn’t do. Who truly thought he’d knock wilder out? Very very few. Nobody thought he was serious when he said he is going to fight wilder, be aggressive, attack wilder, and knock him out.

Imo fury’s performance was absolutely more impressive.

Comment

Idk man, that Fury performance was ten times better than the AJ performance. Without a doubt.

Imo fury did win the first fight but that knock down in the twelfth was vicious and would make 99.999999% of boxers who were rematching that person who almost decapitated them very cautious. Fury could have said look I’m going to be super slick, box beautifully, avoid Wilders shots and cruise to victory. And everyone would have good luck trying to implement that over the whole course of the fight. He would have gotten zero flack for wanting to fight wilder that way and in fact everyone would have said smart game plan.

With AJ he was staying Ruiz was a fluke, he got blessed by the boxing gods and only landed a lucky punch. And he was very adamant about going for a knock out and putting on a vicious victory. But in the rematch it obvious when that fight started Ruiz wasn’t going to be a danger at all. He was fat, out of shape, and slow. Ruiz was ripe to be knocked out. Instead AJ cruised to a very cautious and overly safe victory. He got win but imo very unsatisfying.

Fury on the other hand did exactly what every thought he couldn’t do. Who truly thought he’d knock wilder out? Very very few. Nobody thought he was serious when he said he is going to fight wilder, be aggressive, attack wilder, and knock him out.

Imo fury’s performance was absolutely more impressive.
                I agree with all you've said. Fury's win was way better, but AJ shouldn't be beaten with that stick. It was nothing to do with him.

Comment

I think that AJ fought the way he had too. He was able to adjust to a different style and got a clear win. The only problem that it was against a very unprepared Ruiz. I don't know if an in shape Ruiz would had pushed AJ harder and other things would had start to happen.

Fury and Wilder were very prepared to fight each other. They both say that they were going to KO each other. Fury outclassed Wilder with the correct game plan.

Comment

I wanted to see what all your thoughts were about the version of Fury in his rematch with Wilder compared to AJ in his rematch with Ruiz.

IMO Fury in his rematch with Wilder utterly made what AJ did in his rematch with Ruiz look like shht.

For one going in to his rematch with Wilder, Fury was insistent on bringing the heat, pressure and eventually knocking out Wilder. Not for one minute did Fury say he was going to box better and be super slick as is the norm for him in his fights. He said he was bringing the heat and pressure and knocking him out. And he fought exactly to a T that exact same way. Impressive IMO, because I didn't believe him on his claimed strategy, I thought it was a bluff and kind of nuts. Dude proved me wrong, and i salute him for that.

Now with AJ in his rematch with Ruiz. All that dude said was, that Ruiz was a fluke and hes Knocking him out in devastating fashion. He was very insistent on making everyone believe he was going to bring the heat and destroy Ruiz. When fight night came and the bell rang, how did he fight? He employed a very safe and cautious fight plan to ensure he'd get the win. Not for a second did he become aggressive and try and go the the KO. He was just playing it safe to get the win. He got the job done but it was very Blahh type performance.

One guy, Fury, goes into his rematch with the attitude and game plan to not just try and ensure a victory but to get a devastating and absolute dominating victory. He didn't try and play it safe to get the win.

The other guy, AJ, shook from his knock out loss tried to make everyone believe he was going to go for the kill KO of Ruiz. Instead employed a safe non aggressive boxing strategy to ensure the safest route to victory. Very Blahhh IMO

This victory by Fury just made him the true man of the division and AJ is going to have to abide by what he says if he ever has the balls to step up and fight.
                    - -U FakeBoxing.

Fury been issuing challenges to AJ who has the $ to make him offers that he ducks for low hanging overripe fruit.

U even watch boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                      - -U FakeBoxing.

Fury been issuing challenges to AJ who has the $ to make him offers that he ducks for low hanging overripe fruit.

U even watch boxing?
                      ??????????

Come with a coherent reply and we can debate, otherwise reply to some other dude.

Comment

Working...
                      X