Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ortiz, Trainer Angered Over Promoter's Handling of Joshua Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who the eff is Ortiz's promoter? I thought he was a free agent?

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
      Dade Promotions...never heard of them...
      Wut in the f#ck.

Yea I never have heard of them either & I'm a boxrec dork who knows my fair share of C & D level promoters in the game that most here wouldn't know.

Anyone familiar with Dade? Who else do they eff with?

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        Promoters are prohibited by the Ali Act from taking a percentage of a fighters contracted purse, with the sole exception being purse bid scenarios where the promoter did not win the bid.

What typically happens is outfits like Dade would do what is called a "provision of services" agreement between them and the event promoter, where they agree to provide the services of their fighter for a set fee, and then they offer their fighter a lower amount for the purse.
        So this means that the $5M being brought up was minus the $2M(?) or whatever Eddie is claiming his offer was if I'm breaking down this correctly & that Dade was gonna get? $2M for not fighting seems a solid deal.

Boxing is so effed up with the excessive power promoters have over their contracted boxer(s).

Comment

Dade probably took their orders from PBC!

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            So the manager apparently mentioned Dade Promotions in the interview. Why would Ortiz have them negotiating on his behalf anyways? Let them collect their percentage fee and have others deal with this.

The man has a manager, advisor AND a promoter? For what?
            You can't make a deal on your own while being signed with a promoter.

Promoter has to sign off/okay it. And like OnePunch is saying thats why Ortiz & his manager didn't even know the REAL offer that was more than $5M & like Eddie was claiming.

Promoter takes his cut off the top & tells the fighter how much is left basically lol.

This is why Algeri was gone for awhile cuz his promoter was f#cking him & taking like 50% (iirc) off the top.

Apparently the promoter has to disclose the full offer within 24hrs(?) of the fight or something like that due to the MAA.

Comment

Tuesday - Luis Ortiz announces the fight with Anthony Joshua won't happen & accuses Eddie Hearn of "low-balling him".

Wednesday - Eddie Hearn threatens to "expose" Luis Ortiz's team on the offer.

Friday - Ortiz's team announce it's their fault the AJ fight isn't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Who the eff is Ortiz's promoter? I thought he was a free agent?
                Dade promotions . He's apparently been with them since close to the start of his career .
                Listening to Ortiz's manager being interviewed . It sounds as if the promoter was trying to hold out for more cash or he just didn't intend to make the fight for one reason or another .
                Sounded like Ortiz's and his manager were pretty pissed off at him and they genuinely wanted the fight .

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
                  Dade probably took their orders from PBC!
                  It'd be super illegal, but I wouldn't be surprised if PBC offered Dade a little something to turn down the AJ fight.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    Why would he sign with such a shady promoter? Dade County Promotions?
                    They are promoters in the name only. Basically, they sign unknown fighters to make money off of them while doing almost nothing to advance their careers. They tie them with long-term contracts and take their cut. No one had ever heard of that company. They most likely have never done anything for Ortiz in term of actual promotion and have never put together even a small fightcard in Florida. They have no money, no clout and no experience in this business.

Comment

It's an obvious and clear duck by Ortiz.

No more to be said.

Comment

Working...
                      X