Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heineken Apologizes For Racist Ad With New Special-Release ‘Blacks Only’ Beer

Heineken Apologizes For Racist Ad With New Special-Release ‘Blacks Only’ Beer

SEE MORE: Alcohol

WHITE PLAINS, NY—Acknowledging the insensitivity of its recent “Lighter Is Better” TV campaign and promising to do better in the future, beer manufacturer Heineken apologized for airing a racist ad Thursday by launching a limited-release “Blacks Only” beer. “We at Heineken want to reach out and apologize to our African-American customers by introducing a special-edition line of ‘Blacks Only’ low-calorie lagers,” said Heineken spokesperson Cara Jarvis, who divulged that the new beer will be available at clearly labeled “Blacks Only” taps and store displays conveniently placed separately from, but priced equally to, its other available beers. “It was never our intent to imply African Americans aren’t welcome to enjoy our products, and we intend to rectify this misstep by hosting launch events exclusively for our black customers in special seating areas in the backs of bars across the country.” Heineken’s racial blunder is considered the most egregious by the brewer since its infamous “Hey, America, Let’s Bring Back Slavery!” campaign, which ran from 1974-1977.

Oh Jesus

Comment

Heineken cannot compare with

[IMG]

via GIPHY

[/IMG]
      Last edited by WarVeteranO01; 03-29-2018, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I see dollar signs....

Comment

"Blacks only?"

I'm not black though, this offends me deeply.

Heineken just can't stop being racist, can they?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

[IMG]

via GIPHY

[/IMG]
            bro! no way! i used to love drinking 40z, when i was a teen! mickey's ice was my fav but its garbage compare to heineken.

Comment

Watermelon and fried chicken flavour

Brewed in Wakanda

Why Don't ya......"DriveBy" and Pick up A 40

"Catch a case" (6pack)and get free tickets to Black Panther

Suit and tie included

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                bro! no way! i used to love drinking 40z, when i was a teen! mickey's ice was my fav but its garbage compare to heineken.
                Man I can drink but you must have a strong stomach for malt liquor. Bud Ice was my limit as a youngster. Only the brothas I knew growing up were able to finish Old E and Steel Reserve to the last swallow.

Comment

I want a brown lager..

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

[IMG]

via GIPHY

[/IMG]
                    Colt 45 all day.

Comment

Working...
                    X