No announcement yet.

becoming less and less confident in Hatton comeback

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• becoming less and less confident in Hatton comeback

Just watched the channel 5 doc on his comeback and the more i think about this fight the more i feel Senchenko should be the favourite.

The triangle theory of Malignaggi, Hatton, Senchenko is probably the least telling triangle of all time. You literally couldnt pick two fighters who were more different than Malignaggi and Hatton, not to mention the 3 year layoff, binge drinking, drugs etc.

Senchenko is a solid boxer with a good jab and right hand, hes also a natural Welterweight. Can see Ricky being stopped actually.

Obviously i could be proved horrifically wrong if Hatton really does bring his A or even B game, but this could be a big mistake by the Hatton team. I feel they should have picked a bum for his first fight, THEN go back to doing what Ricky does best taking on the hardest fights.

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    Just watched the channel 5 doc on his comeback and the more i think about this fight the more i feel Senchenko should be the favourite.

The triangle theory of Malignaggi, Hatton, Senchenko is probably the least telling triangle of all time. You literally couldnt pick two fighters who were more different than Malignaggi and Hatton, not to mention the 3 year layoff, binge drinking, drugs etc.

Senchenko is a solid boxer with a good jab and right hand, hes also a natural Welterweight. Can see Ricky being stopped actually.

Obviously i could be proved horrifically wrong if Hatton really does bring his A or even B game, but this could be a big mistake by the Hatton team. I feel they should have picked a bum for his first fight, THEN go back to doing what Ricky does best taking on the hardest fights.
    Paulie didn't do what he did to Senchenko by slugging it out with him, he stuck and moved then entire fight as Paulie normally does. Hatton is just on the train of thought that: "Well, I stopped Paulie pretty easily and if he can bust this guy up, then I should walk right through him."

This is a big mistake because Paulie fought at 147 and has more power at that weight than when Hatton fought him at 140. Hatton's stamina is going to be atrocious after a 3 year layoff and with him trying to press the action, he will fade after 3 rounds. Senchenko should take this fight over after the 4th and cruise to a UD. If Hatton starts eating shots, he might get taken out, just depends on how good his defense is.

Comment

Haven't seen the doc but I was listening to him on the radio last night and the guy sounds like he's trying to lay serious demons to rest in this fight. He was saying that he considers getting back in the ring as a victory in itself, like this is some form of therapy for him.

You can never really tell but it will be interesting to see how all that stuff manifests itself. Maybe he'll fight like a man possessed, but he was such a high intensity fighter that it's easy to see how he might struggle to reach those physical levels again. It's not like he's some technician who can fall back on his skill and his innate understanding of the craft should his body start to let him down.

Comment

I few weeks back I was very confident for ricky but am beginning to worry for him now.

Ricky will come out strong and do well for the first four, maybe five rounds, after that though ... well if he's the hatton of old he'll go on to win but if he's aged things could end up being very very tough, I don't think his is a style that ages well and if he doesn't come into it in great shape things could end up badly.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
          I few weeks back I was very confident for ricky but am beginning to worry for him now.

Ricky will come out strong and do well for the first four, maybe five rounds, after that though ... well if he's the hatton of old he'll go on to win but if he's aged things could end up being very very tough, I don't think his is a style that ages well and if he doesn't come into it in great shape things could end up badly.

This ^^^^^.

I agree with the comment re. Ricky's stamina, too. I just can't see this fight going the distance. Either Hatton blows Senchenko away early, or Senchenko stops Hatton in the mid to late rounds.

If it does, somehow, go to the cards, Hatton will get the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
            This ^^^^^.

I agree with the comment re. Ricky's stamina, too. I just can't see this fight going the distance. Either Hatton blows Senchenko away early, or Senchenko stops Hatton in the mid to late rounds.

If it does, somehow, go to the cards, Hatton will get the decision.
            and given all of his depression and suicide talk bad could be very bad.

He's gonna come out pumped and smoking but if this guy weathers the storm and I think will all bets are off - either way I don't think ricky will have the legs for 12 at Hatton pace so he better stop his man or be in total control by half way
            Last edited by Daddy T; 11-22-2012, 10:39 AM.

Comment

he'll batter him and everyone will jump back on the wagon, then he'll fight someone decent and get obliterated again.

Comment

I think Hatton will have decent stamina, i think that's what he'll have worked on the most. It's all about how Hatton is going to react when caught with a decent shot for me, i'm hoping it was him pushing himself down to 140 limit that caused him to get hurt rather easily. The Hatton from the Pacquiao fight gets stopped.

Comment

Hatton will KO Senchenko bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    I think Hatton will have decent stamina, i think that's what he'll have worked on the most. It's all about how Hatton is going to react when caught with a decent shot for me, i'm hoping it was him pushing himself down to 140 limit that caused him to get hurt rather easily. The Hatton from the Pacquiao fight gets stopped.
                    collazo had him out on his feet at 147 lbs and floyd knocked him spark out.

Comment

Working...
                    X