Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Klitschkos Fought in the 90s.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early 90's Tyson beats both, but the post-prision version may lose to Vitali.

Old George with his power, chin and his jab can beat Wladimir. However, he'd lose to Vitali, unless he cut him.

Evander wins against both with his speed, combos, heart and durability.

Lewis beats both of them, but would have some problems with Wlad's jab.

I think Prime Bowe may beat them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Cruiserweights like Tony Thompson and Sam Peter?
      We know Peter was limited and Thompson was good but was 37 the first time Wlad fought him, even older than Rahman was and he was never a dangerous puncher.
      And by cruiserweights fighting the Wlad I mean Chris Byrd, Jean Marc Mormeck and Eddie Chambers. Sure Byrd and Chambers scored their best wins at heavy, but they were the lightest punchers in the division.
      I don't blame the Klitschkos for fighting cruiserweights, old fighters and green up-and-comers. The division is so thin and limited and the champs have to fight somebody.

Haye is an overachiever 4sure but as an heavyweight he really was not a great puncher. Lewis, Bowe and even Holyfield carried much more power and I rate their skills far beyond all of of the guys the Klitschko's have faced.
      Last edited by messenger; 06-30-2012, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Cruiserweights like Tony Thompson and Sam Peter?
        the fact that there best names u can think of should be enough to end the thread right here.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
          the fact that there best names u can think of should be enough to end the thread right here.
          Those weren't used because they were the best names. They were examples of being as far away from cruiserweights as possible.

Comment

The Wlad we see today would do well in any era.

Comment

I don't think they would hold titles. Even if both brothers were there and the punchers were sent to Vitali to fight. There were a better crop of heavyweights. Can't messure how good they would do by how they did against the bunch they got to fight in this era.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                How would Wlad and Vitali have done in the era of prime Holyfield, prime Bowe, prime Lewis, old George Foreman, etc? Would they have been as successful as they are now?
                I believe they would have rose above everyone except Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Wlad- loses to Lewis and an in shape bowe. Pickem vs Holyfield and Tyson. Beats Foreman

Vitali- points loss to Lewis. Pickem vs bowe and Tyson. Beats holy and foreman

Comment

Those weren't used because they were the best names. They were examples of being as far away from cruiserweights as possible.
                    I really like your avatar.

Comment

Working...
                    X