RIP Big Pun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    When Nas heard Pun's verse on this, he had to re-write his own verse
    Nas is kinda known for doing that. I heard that his verse on verbal intercourse, which was one of the sickest verses ever, Rae and Ghost had to convince him to leave it alone because he kept thinking it wasn't good enough and constantly wanted to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      Nas is kinda known for doing that. I heard that his verse on verbal intercourse, which was one of the sickest verses ever, Rae and Ghost had to convince him to leave it alone because he kept thinking it wasn't good enough and constantly wanted to change it.
      Really?

Never knew Nas was like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Really?

Never knew Nas was like that.
        I think he was just a perfectionist, and also took his rep very seriously. Didn't want to be badly outshined by anyone on anything.

Probably why dude also would never ever freestyle. I mean, most MCs never REALLY freestyled...just spit some written they had in the vault. But I think he was always afraid that it might come out wack.

I know there was some other track he was supposed to do with BIG. When he got to the studio and heard BIG's verse, he said instead of dropping his, he wanted to go home and re-write it. I don't think he ever went back for whatever reason. Not that he couldn't have got down with BIG. He was just too much in his own head.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          that guy is a ****ing mouth breathing moron. has an avatar of marcus browne (beat up his gf twice) because hes 'of Jamaican descent'

turns out he isnt even of Jamaican descent at all
          Yeah but that's the fault of some lazy reporters.

Comment

Working...
          X