Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it unhygenic to use gym gloves that others have used?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it unhygenic to use gym gloves that others have used?

When i went to the boxing gym i used the equipment they supplied. I put on a pair of their hand wraps which was ok. They were a bit worn but that was ok.
    But when i went to use their Leather punch mitts, they were saturated wet and all the leather mitts all about 20 pairs were soaked and smelt of old socks.

Do people take their own stuff to the gym or use whats supplied by the gym?

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    When i went to the boxing gym i used the equipment they supplied. I put on a pair of their hand wraps which was ok. They were a bit worn but that was ok.
    But when i went to use their Leather punch mitts, they were saturated wet and all the leather mitts all about 20 pairs were soaked and smelt of old socks.

You should buy your own gear.

It isnt unhygenic to use the gym gear unless you lick your fingers after.

Comment

yes it is, i have my own gloves and wraps sometimes i avoid using headgear when some sweaty stinkin fuk just used it. lol

Comment

I was just thinking that because i paid entrance fee i should get something in return from them, and to be able to use their equipment would be a bonus. But there mitts need to be updated as they look very old and worn. I will take my own stuff from now onwards, i just hope the gym owner dont think i nicked his gear when i put my own mitts and wraps in my bag.

Comment

Absolutely not. I mean there is nothing unhygenic about using someone elses sweaty ass gloves. /sarcasm

Comment

This is the reason I hate doing padwork at the gym

Comment

It is clearly unhygienic, other guys blood from grazed nuckles with loose skin, perhaps months of bacteria ridden sweat and unwashed masturbation leftovers mingling around what might be your hands with their own grazed nuckles! Sorry to be so graphic!!!

My hands often pick up grazes from bag work which seep a little. If you pick up the wrong set of gloves from the wrong guy at the wrong time you could pick up something serious. Hepatitis, HIV, infections, blood poisoning?

Granted, it realistically is unlikely, but at the very least its not a nice thought......plus your hands can stink for hours, and even days afterwards sometimes.

Get your own stuff and dont share it, boxing gloves, bag mitts etc aren't expensive. You wont regret it.

Comment

Big no for me, I bring my own wraps, gloves, headgear, and shoes. Almost everything except punch mitts. Though for the first 2 months I had to use their gloves which sucked, and the punch mitts always smell, not as bad now thanks to lysol.

Get your own gear unless you dont mind your hands smelling stink

Comment

Originally posted by Chex31 View Post
                  Big no for me, I bring my own wraps, gloves, headgear, and shoes. Almost everything except punch mitts. Though for the first 2 months I had to use their gloves which sucked, and the punch mitts always smell, not as bad now thanks to lysol.

Get your own gear unless you dont mind your hands smelling stink
                  Did you use to use their punch mitts then?

Comment

Did you use to use their punch mitts then?
                    Yup, still do

Comment

Working...
                    X