Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Rating: High For Boxing, Low For Network TV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not surprised. Casual fans don't give a **** about boxing. All they cares about is, Mayweather-Pacquiao, Pacquiao-Mayweather.

Comment

In b4 "boxing is a dying sport"

Comment

How many famous people would get higher ratings than Mayweather did for a biography documentary? Not many.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
          Wonder why they felt the need to show this.
          Makes me think they feel many casual fans have been turned off by Floyd's antics and jail time.

This was like a political ad trying to highlight the soft side of him.
          I'll say this, if this fight does more than a million in PPV buys then Floyd should get a lot of credit. This promotion has been a bust and the buzz around this fight is almost non existent..
          I was watching the fights and UFC with a bunch of buddies and i had to let them know who Guerrero was and remind them that Floyd was fighting next weekend...
          GBP is trying to push boxing back into mainstream America. Who better to do that than the biggest name in the sport right now?

The sport was dealt a deadly blow with the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight not happening and the millions that witnessed the Pacquiao/Bradley robbery last year didn't help.

I was hoping the deal with CBS would help bring the sport back to the mainstream, but this shows that a documentary about the biggest star in this sport produced the lowest ratings of any show during the entire month and got horrible reviews.

Just shows its going to be a long drawn out process and results will take time.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
            I'm not surprised. Casual fans don't give a **** about boxing. All they cares about is, Mayweather-Pacquiao, Pacquiao-Mayweather.
            They're more likely to be suckered into buying it and even they wont take the bait, seemingly. Fans of the sport know the fight is weak anyway, on the whole.

Comment

it was a lot going on that night, even if I knew it was coming on, I probably would not have turned to it with NBA Playoffs going in, NFL Draft, a lot of fights on from UFC and Boxing

It was a WIN for Boxing, Boxing is not even popular here in the US which sucks but it is true...if your not Pacquiao or Mayweather...NOBODY CARES!

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                GBP is trying to push boxing back into mainstream America. Who better to do that than the biggest name in the sport right now?

The sport was dealt a deadly blow with the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight not happening and the millions that witnessed the Pacquiao/Bradley robbery last year didn't help.

I was hoping the deal with CBS would help bring the sport back to the mainstream, but this shows that a documentary about the biggest star in this sport produced the lowest ratings of any show during the entire month and got horrible reviews.

Just shows its going to be a long drawn out process and results will take time.
                Adamek vs Cunningham reached 3.9 million in a horrible timeslot which normally attracts around 500k. It's ridiculous to base the popularity of boxing as a sport on something like this. People want boxing. They just don't want to watch the same documentary about the same guy over and over again.

Duva is doing a better job pushing boxing into the mainstream than GB or TR. Duva puts up the biggest fights she can get, Oscar flicks whatever change he has in his pockets onto the networks. The whole idea of getting the sport back onto CBS and NBC was to introuduce new names outside of May and Pac. And what do they go and do? Produce a documentary entirely about Mayweather AGAIN. If Oscar gave two ****s about the health of boxing he'd put a real name on CBS.
                Last edited by croz; 04-28-2013, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Boxing needs to go freeview. People just dont want to pay extra money to watch sport in this day and age.

Comment

Just shows no one but boxing fans gives two sheets about Mayweather. Has no cross-over appeal and he's a legend in his own mind.

Comment

To be honest I think the shows etc rating have been so low is because the whole production of these documentaries seem amturish and the narrators dont command your attention nor do they speak with conviction.

The narrator is a vital role in this documentaries, and they been a miserably fail IMO.

I think The fight will sell but will be one of Mayweather lowest buys.

I just hear no buzz around it, usually around this time my friends are talking about it, calling me up if I gonna do my ppv parties i do etc etc, who knows lets see how fight week goes.

Comment

Working...
                      X