No announcement yet.

Any Opinions On Gel Handwraps?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Opinions On Gel Handwraps?

Ringside sells Gel Handwraps and I was wondering if anyone has tried them, and if so, what did you think about them?

http://www.ringside.com/store/prodin...tem=7&mitem=10

Never tried them and im going to the store to get new handwraps this weekend, so if they're there i might buy em they look pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach282
      Never tried them and im going to the store to get new handwraps this weekend, so if they're there i might buy em they look pretty good.
      Make sure you post a review if you get them.

Comment

I've used them and I like them. I'll use them at home but not too much in the gym. You don't get the same protection that you do with a 180" hand wrap so I don't use them if I'm sparring or if I'm hitting the heavy bag hard.

Comment

they look like they are meant to keep your hands nice and soft....

...basically, they look like they are for arobic boxing. Wraps are there to protect your hands. period. these do not look like they can, I would avoid them.

Comment

Thanks Philly. I've been tempted, but after reading your post I think I'll stay with the old school 180's. I have taken a roll of gauze for each hand and gone back and forth across the knuckles, and then covered them in athletic tape. I put these on over my knuckles, and then wrap my hands. It works great. When you get to be my age you'll all understand. Old fighters just can't give it up, but the body makes a pretty good argument.

Comment

Not Only Do They Not Protect Your Hands As Well Especially When Sparring Or Hitting A Heavy Bag They Dont Weigh As Much As The Mexican Style Wraps Or 180's What Ever You Call Them. I Recommend Just Sticking With The Regular Wraps Not The Gel Ones Unless Your Using Them For Light Work Outs.

Comment

Working...
              X