No announcement yet.

Blueprint on how to beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blueprint on how to beat Mayweather

Inspired from Javysouthpaw thread. Let's talk about the tactics which can take down Mayweather. In my opinion, Pacquiao is the only one who has the tools to win against Floyd. Consistently jabbing and feinting, consistently changing your pace, changing you avenue of approach. This seem to be the perfect ingredients for a match again Mayweather.

Discuss!

A 38 YEAR OLD Marquez past his prime and moving up in weight beat Pacquiao easily .

Comment

Originally posted by r.Gooner View Post
      Inspired from Javysouthpaw thread. Let's talk about the tactics which can take down Mayweather. In my opinion, Pacquiao is the only one who has the tools to win against Floyd. Consistently jabbing and feinting, consistently changing your pace, changing you avenue of approach. This seem to be the perfect ingredients for a match again Mayweather.

Discuss!
      i think to beat mayweather one has to make it into a very dirty roughhouse tactic fight. like constantly hugging,grabbing, headbutting, leaning and putting a lot of weight on mayweather and don't let him box. can't out box the master
      but you can out hustle him. most fighter tried to box with him in the past. someone should really train only roughhouse tactics for a mayweather fight.
      Last edited by QuebecSTAR2; 11-18-2011, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by r.Gooner View Post

Discuss!
        Jabbing?

Changing pace and avenue of approach?

I thought you were talking about Pacquiao??

Comment

There is no blueprint on how to beat Floyd Mayweather

Comment

solid chin, pressure fighter
            Last edited by #CaneloKhan; 11-19-2011, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Long jab for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by QS2 View Post
                i think to beat mayweather one has to make it into a very dirty roughhouse tactic fight. like constantly hugging,grabbing, headbutting, leaning and putting a lot of weight on mayweather and don't let him box. can't out box the master
                but you can out hustle him. most fighter tried to box with him in the past. someone should really train only roughhouse tactics for a mayweather fight.
                Hatton tried it. Didn't work. Floyd can play just as dirty back.

It's hard for anyone to say who or what beats Floyd because as the man himself says; there's no blueprint on how to beat him.

People say he struggles with South Paws? He's beaten them all.

Maybe some with a reach & height advantage perhaps, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post

It's hard for anyone to say who or what beats Floyd because as the man himself says; there's no blueprint on how to beat him.

You need a Tommy Hearns to beat Floyd, and nobody today fits that.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post

Hatton wasn't very good at it.
                    someone like bernard, he is the master of roughhouse tactics.

Comment

Working...
                    X