Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: I'm A Hall Of Fame Fighter - Right Now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    They are diluting it too much so as to stay relevant and stay in the public eye with boxers who casuals can recognise from the immediate past.

At this rate Chavez Jr. will be a nominee.

Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank Sr are still not in after 25 years - how can Gatti get in or Danny Garcia already think he should be in?
    It’s pretty stupid that Benn and Eubank aren’t in honestly. That goes to show they have no consistency. One time they have standards, another time they throw standards away.

IBHOF is definitely unique. It’s the only HOF with no actual criteria. A fighter can be denied due to PED’s, and PED’s can be disregarded.

Comment

GTFOH!....Shane fought Prime John Molina, Prime Jesse James Leija, Oscar De La Hoya twice, Vernon Forest twice, Winky Wright, Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather, Margarito back when everyone was avoiding him, Cotto, Collazo in his prime, Fernando Vargas not once but twice, Canello, Mayoga, and Shane was champion in 4 weight classes.

Are you out of your mind? Every guy mentioned would be the odds on favorite against Danny and most would put him down and out.

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      But their standards are low. They've put Mosley in there even though his resume wasn't that great and he was using steroids.
      Last edited by factsarenice; 01-14-2020, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Weak resume? Honest to God, that's got to be one of the stupidest statements every made.

Shane Mosley fought Prime John Molina, Prime Jesse James Leija, Oscar De La Hoya twice, Vernon Forest twice, Winky Wright, Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather, Margarito back when everyone was avoiding him, Cotto, Collazo in his prime, Fernando Vargas not once but twice, Canello, Mayoga. Champion in 4 weight classes fought 8 hall of famers and 3 all time greats.

Originally posted by Cadet Bonespurs View Post
        Sugar Shane Mosley:

A fan favorite Action fighter
        Weak resume
        Short run of title defenses against weak opponents
        Got inducted because of his long career

Danny Garcia:

Fan fav action fighter
        Follow the career path of Sugar Shane, then he’s probably a HOFer

Therein lies the problem with the HOF itself. Very low standards. Should be reserved for only great fighters, not merely good belt holders.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
          He has better resume than Crawford and Spence , that is for sure.
          Maybe so but Crawford is a 3 weight world champion and a win against Spence or vice versa a win for Spence against Crawford elevate their resume above Garcia.

In your opinion do you think Garcia beats either of these 2?

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
            Maybe so but Crawford is a 3 weight world champion and a win against Spence or vice versa a win for Spence against Crawford elevate their resume above Garcia.

In your opinion do you think Garcia beats either of these 2?
            I am not sure if he beats them, but he gives them a hell of a fight.

Spence hardly beat Porter. How is Spence a monster now?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
              I am not sure if he beats them, but he gives them a hell of a fight.

Spence hardly beat Porter. How is Spence a monster now?
              I dont think Spence is a monster by any means, I was one of the few who didnt buy into the hype when people were going overboard with their praise.

Personally I think Garica gives Spence a tougher fight than Crawford and that's because of their styles, Spence will come forward which will be beneficial to Garcia given that he likes to try and counter, however Crawford will simply move and outbox Garcia like Thurman did only I think it would be even more convincing in Crawford's favour.

My problem with Garcia is that he's not active enough so is prone to being outworked and needlessly losing rounds in which he could have won.

I'm curious as to how he would be able to handle Spence's barrage of body shots, we know Garcia has a great chin but I cant remember any opponents really going for his body as Spence would do. Then again he might catch Spence cold and turn his lights off....

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                GTFOH!....Shane fought Prime John Molina, Prime Jesse James Leija, Oscar De La Hoya twice, Vernon Forest twice, Winky Wright, Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather, Margarito back when everyone was avoiding him, Cotto, Collazo in his prime, Fernando Vargas not once but twice, Canello, Mayoga, and Shane was champion in 4 weight classes.

Are you out of your mind? Every guy mentioned would be the odds on favorite against Danny and most would put him down and out.
                He fought some of them while being on steroids... so he should not be inducted into the HOF. He could have killed someone.

And lost a lot of these fights.

Comment

hes getting there, but when you are active its too early to call it, unless your name is mannyweather.

Comment

DSG should do stand-up comedy !

Comment

Working...
                    X