Collapse
No announcement yet.

Again it’s fighter of the decade not fighter of half the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if a fighter wins massive fights in January, March and June, then doesn't fight for the rest of the year - they can't win FOTY?

Does a fighter have to fight in December to win FOTY?

Now apply those same arguments to FOTD, and you will see that it makes no sense to disallow Floyd from consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
      Can't argue with most of this byut the ''May put off fighting 'prime' Pac''....May is older than Pac. And if you fail to believe in FACTS (it was Pac who WAS afraid of needles, NOT May).

And if you believe that, then why wasn't he afraid of SCHEDULED needles ??? He was all gung-hoE when there was a cut off, but not RANDOM. Pls explain that
      Can’t believe you’re one on the guys who says “may is older doe” thought you’re better than that.
      Every fighter every style ages differently. Pac’s offensive style alone gives him a higher wear and tear rate than Floyd.
      His style is a young man’s game. It’s like comparing a jumpshooter to a dunker in basketball ofcourse the dunker will lose his legs first while the shooter can last longer given he gets lesser contact every game.

a 40 year old lewis will be better than a 38 year old tyson.
      Or 47 yr old hopkins be better than a 40 year old roy jones.
      History has proven that offensive style fighters ages faster than defensive ones and there’s a long list for that.

Mayweather’s style when he rose into weightclasses became conservative.. at 38 he still fights the same way he did when he was 30, compare the oscar fight to his fight with canelo or maidana 2. while pac at 36 ain’t even close to his prime version.

Pac already agreed shortly after the first negotiation about the drug test. Tell me why it can’t be renegotiated like every other fight??
      Like I said he sent koncz to floyd’s camp, if you’re avoiding a fight why would you do that..
      every post interview floyd was still like “let him agree with the test” and every commentators were “were pretty sure it’s not about the test anymore”.
      Or “he has marquez problems”.
      That’s just ridiculous.
      Or “i’ll never work with arum”

Floyd’s demands all went out of the window when the time was right. And that was 6 years later. Floyd beat a past prime pac. And if pac won i’d say the same too.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
        Pac already agreed shortly after the first negotiation about the drug test. Tell me why it can’t be renegotiated like every other fight??
        Like I said he sent koncz to floyd’s camp, if you’re avoiding a fight why would you do that..
        every post interview floyd was still like “let him agree with the test” and every commentators were “were pretty sure it’s not about the test anymore”.
        Or “he has marquez problems”.
        That’s just ridiculous.
        Or “i’ll never work with arum”

Floyd’s demands all went out of the window when the time was right. And that was 6 years later. Floyd beat a past prime pac. And if pac won i’d say the same too.
        Pac wasn't going to budge from the ''I need to be informed 2 weeks in advance before giving blood'' stance. You will never acknowledge this because it would destroy your image of Pac.

And Pac was fine with NOT FIGHTING MAY. It was May who made the fight eventually happen.

Comment

It has to be Pac.

How many of you thought Thurman was going to beat him?

Comment

Plus Floyd retired like 5 times then fought 2 MMA fighters.

Pacquiao is fighting real fighters and Floyd's fighting anime characters from Japan.

Comment

When you're a great as May, the sport has to acknowledge it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Plus Floyd retired like 5 times then fought 2 MMA fighters.

Pacquiao is fighting real fighters and Floyd's fighting anime characters from Japan.
                He found time to beat Pac and Nelo though
                Those wins > anything Pac did this decade. But Pac filled up his decade with shabby opponents (when he wasn't getting robbed and slept).

So the question remains, can 2 great wins in say 2 years, while never losing

Be better than what Pac did in 10 years ?

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                  He found time to beat Pac and Nelo though
                  Those wins > anything Pac did this decade. But Pac filled up his decade with shabby opponents (when he wasn't getting robbed and slept).

So the question remains, can 2 great wins in say 2 years, while never losing

Be better than what Pac did in 10 years ?
                  Catchweight at 152** don't mention that, why?

Who did you pick between Pac Thurman? Or should I look up your posts ?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Catchweight at 152** don't mention that, why?

Who did you pick between Pac Thurman? Or should I look up your posts ?
                    I picked Pac I believe. Feel free to look it up.

How much weight would Pac demand Nelo lose before accepting the challenge ?

I'm guessing 145

I guess May gets no credit for beating Pac because of that ''injury'', yes ?

In any event, you didn't answer the question;
                    Does 2 truly great wins and no losses in 5 yrs > 1 very good win, a couple of bad losses and a robbery over 10 years ?!?!?!?

Very simple Y/N question. Explaining your answer not required

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                      I picked Pac I believe. Feel free to look it up.

How much weight would Pac demand Nelo lose before accepting the challenge ?

I'm guessing 145

I guess May gets no credit for beating Pac because of that ''injury'', yes ?

In any event, you didn't answer the question;
                      Does 2 truly great wins and no losses in 5 yrs > 1 very good win, a couple of bad losses and a robbery over 10 years ?!?!?!?

Very simple Y/N question. Explaining your answer not required
                      Look at their resumes. Pacquiao fought better competition.

Comment

Working...
                      X