Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best headphones for rap and hip-hop music?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    Any help ?
    Bully,

I can't recommend something that's bass heavy as that isn't what I look for.
    I would recommend looking for something that is a "full-sized" headphone because they produce the better quality base.

The best site for headphones is headphone.com and they recommend this headphone for people looking for deep base.

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/akg-k-81-dj.php

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
      Bully,

I can't recommend something that's bass heavy as that isn't what I look for.
      I would recommend looking for something that is a "full-sized" headphone because they produce the better quality base.

The best site for headphones is headphone.com and they recommend this headphone for people looking for deep base.

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/akg-k-81-dj.php
      What about beyerdynamics? I was thinking about those.

Comment

What about beyerdynamics? I was thinking about those.
        Great brand, but if you only listen to hip hop or rap, you'll be paying for something you wont use

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
          Great brand, but if you only listen to hip hop or rap, you'll be paying for something you wont use
          What are they for? Someone told me they made hip hop sound great.

Comment

I suggest the AKG headphones/in-ear phones, bang for the buck!

AKG earpieces are geared towards the boomy/bassy crowd, much more prolly to hip-hop, but they do have lines for the other music genres.

I also suggest getting the senheissers, the PX40 are handy but packs a lotta sound behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
              I suggest the AKG headphones/in-ear phones, bang for the buck!

AKG earpieces are geared towards the boomy/bassy crowd, much more prolly to hip-hop, but they do have lines for the other music genres.

I also suggest getting the senheissers, the PX40 are handy but packs a lotta sound behind it.
              AKG look cheap though, and I am looking for on ear headphones. Are they the same quality as beats? Also do they cancel outside sound man?

Comment

AKG look cheap though, and I am looking for on ear headphones. Are they the same quality as beats? Also do they cancel outside sound man?

Some would look cheap mate, but they do get the job done IMO. Had some before and they're still with me, only retired to the HOF lol.

Find the HPs from AKG that are "closed circum-aural" so you can get the same effect as the noise cancelling ones, never been a fan of the noise cancellers, coz I personally wanted to hear stuff from outside to keep me on the loop and let my HP amp or the player volume itself be at play so I can't hear anything outside if I prefer that.

Check out the AKG DJ series, a serius bunch of HPs and really good pairs of cans.

The Beyer Dynamic HPs are also good, though the better ones might hurt your wallet.

Hopes this helps.
                Last edited by Tamis!; 08-10-2010, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Also try the M-Audio lines, the Audio Technica HPs and the Grado Gold series, choose what fits your budget and you'll be all bangin' mate! $150 is already a good budget IMO just try everything out, bring your player and audition, audition and audition.

Comment

I listen to rap/hip hop as well and went thru 2 headphones.

1st. Headphones I've ever bought were the Sennheiser 485. I researched the internet asking for opinions and came up with that for 78$ when I purchased. Once arrived at my house I listened to them as quick as possible to "break it in". I didnt notice how good these headphones were till I bought another. The clarity is great with mid and highs. Its good for hip hop but if you listen to songs with LOW bass it wont pick it up. Hence, my search continued and also they stopped playing out of one ear. I dont know if it broke cause my sister wore in out in the rain(not heavy rain) or was it a ****ty model. Think tis was thy rain.

2nd
                    . Headphones were Skull candy bass headphone. Dont laugh at me. I fell into their trick listening to it at the display at Best Buy. Someone who bought it for me put me on the spot to buy some headphones quick so it was a last minute thing. These headphones are GARBAGE. Dookie juice dont ever ever ever ever pick these up. The highs and mids and terrible. The bass isnt really bass. It just vibrates where the bass hits. Imagine a ps3 controller vibrating next to your ear all day. **** sucks, made me appreciate that Sennheiser phone.

My next purchase will be the Beyer Dynamic DT770 Pro Closed ear 80 ohm. I researched and they said these are great for rap/hiphop heavy bass ****. Plus im going to buy or make a Pocket Amplifier to increase the power. Price for the DT770 phones go around 150$-300$

Comment

The best headphones I've ever had were the Denon AH-C551K.

They're around $100.00. I bought the $150.00 model, one higher than the AH-C551K and they didn't sound as good. Great bass, and the highs are really good.

Mine broke after like 2 years, though after, heavy, heavy usage the inside of the cord got messed up.

Comment

Working...
                      X