Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you identify yourself as first?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you identify yourself as first?

I noticed that rather then cheer for the home player or team, some latinos in america will root for their parents home lands before rooting for the USA.
    I usually stay neutral when a sporting event is taking place between the two, however, I back up the American for the most part all the way.

I love my heritage and am proud to be what I am but I feel like I identify to this place more. USA has after all given us a good life & I love the country too much to turn my back on it.

Anyway, just wanted to know your opinions on this and what you identified yourself as before anything.

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
    I noticed that rather then cheer for the home player or team, some latinos in america will root for their parents home lands before rooting for the USA.
    I usually stay neutral when a sporting event is taking place between the two, however, I back up the American for the most part all the way.

I love my heritage and am proud to be what I am but I feel like I identify to this place more. USA has after all given us a good life & I love the country too much to turn my back on it.

Anyway, just wanted to know your opinions on this and what you identified yourself as before anything.
    i agree with u... i was born in america.. my parents are mexican.....
    but u know... its all about pride when it comes to sports like in boxing..

the other day.. when mexico beat usa 5 - 0.. i walked from mexico to us.. and u know ask 4 id.. i show them my passport... and first think u know the U.S. custom (who was mexican american) steers at my shirt (mexico soccer shirt) he says 'why are u wearin that shirt?!, ur american' and am jhst like... r u serious.. lol... i was talkin in spanish but when he asked that i responded ' just.. i like the shirt, dont u' then he just smirks at me and hands my passport back...
    lol...
    crazyy ****tttttttttttt

wat race r u btw... mexican?? pr??

Comment

I root for Mexico, but then again I've lived in both countires and have dual citizenship

Comment

USA all the way doggie!

I love Mex and it's my second home to me.

But US has gave me and my parents so many opportunity's that coulnt have happened in MExico.

Comment

I can't disagree with the thread starter.

But that's not my position, so i can't really talk about this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by supRa View Post
            i agree with u... i was born in america.. my parents are mexican.....
            but u know... its all about pride when it comes to sports like in boxing..

the other day.. when mexico beat usa 5 - 0.. i walked from mexico to us.. and u know ask 4 id.. i show them my passport... and first think u know the U.S. custom (who was mexican american) steers at my shirt (mexico soccer shirt) he says 'why are u wearin that shirt?!, ur american' and am jhst like... r u serious.. lol... i was talkin in spanish but when he asked that i responded ' just.. i like the shirt, dont u' then he just smirks at me and hands my passport back...
            lol...
            crazyy ****tttttttttttt

wat race r u btw... mexican?? pr??
            My dad is Guatemalan and my mom is Guatemalan and Honduran.

Comment

If you are half spanish and half yank, does that make you a 'Spank'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo boy View Post
                If you are half spanish and half yank, does that make you a 'Spank'?

If you're half german and hlaf mexican does that make you a B3anerSchnitzel?

Comment

I am Mexican by blood!!! american citizen!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                    I am Mexican by blood!!! american citizen!!!!
                    hmm.. so ur all into that 'vato loco' talk right/???!?!

Comment

Working...
                    X