No announcement yet.

Liddell training with Carlson Gracie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liddell training with Carlson Gracie

Carlson Gracie Sr., the legendary MMA coach and Jiu Jitsu instructor, and respected Vale Tudo fighter of the old generation is training Chuck 'The Iceman' Liddell for his UFC 47 battle against Tito 'The Huntington Beach Bad Boy' Ortiz.

Liddell is coming off two defeats in his last 3 fights, with losees to Quinton Jackson and Randy Couture. Liddell does not intend to repeat the same result in his next fight. We may see a new Liddell in the octagon on the next April 2nd, with new added skills from Carlson.

Chuck's going to need as much help on the ground as he can. I think he knows at some point during this fight, he'll be on his back.

Comment

Source?

Comment

Carlson is a great trainer. It will do him some good, but not enough to stop from getting his asswhipped in april.....

Comment

Chuck should work with Hammer House if he wants to win. Wrestling defense will help more than training bjj.

If Chuck manages to sub Ortiz, Tito might as well retire.

Comment

tito has this fight in his pocket imo.

Comment

i don't know why, it's not going to help him. tito has continued to improve leaps and bounds with his BJJ and striking to become more well rounded. chuck should have thought about this a little sooner, not 2 months before the turning point of his career.

Comment

I agree with most of you. I don't see what he hopes to gain from Carlson Gracie in just a few months.

Comment

Two months is not enough time to learn how to grapple. Chuck is in over his head if this becomes a wrestling match.

Comment

Working...
                  X