No announcement yet.

Title leather heavy bags vs everlast

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title leather heavy bags vs everlast

well ive been wanting to get a heavybag for a long time now. the old one i have in my basement is a waste now. it weighs 70 pounds, not real leather, all ripped up, and when i hit it shakes all over the place. i had it for about 4 years.

now i want to get a 150 pound heavybag. ive been comparing prices on 2 sites, everlast and title boxing.

the one im looking at on everlast is this one
    http://www.everlast.com/everlast-sup...ning-bags.html
    super leather, 150 pounds. cost: $500

heres the one from title boxing
    http://store.titleboxing.com/hbl.html
    same weight 150lb, top grade cowhide leather, but the cost is cheaper by a half at $250

that's a half cut in price. so im wondering what the difference is. i got money for either one im just curious to why everlast is so much expernsive.

is it quality of leather?? or am i overpaying for the everlast name? if anyone has advice i would greatly apreciate it. thanks

okay, bump

Comment

WOW 48 views and no replies, come on guys i really need some advice. please. anyone?

Comment

i dont think i would pay double for a bigger name brand (Everlast) leather heavybag.

what difference could they really have? as long as it's leather, and from ringside/title/everlast, you should be good.

but its your choice, dude

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
          i dont think i would pay double for a bigger name brand (Everlast) leather heavybag.

what difference could they really have? as long as it's leather, and from ringside/title/everlast, you should be good.

but its your choice, dude
          yeah bro that's what i was debating on. truth be told i never used anything from title. the last gym i went to they had muy thai bags. because guys used to come in the afternoon to train martial arts. they had about 8 of those bags, freakin long, 100 pounds and everlast. it was synthetic leather, from everlast but they were hard like a rock. hurt my hands. so since then i been a little suspicious of everlast because i didnt like their gloves either.

but this bag has a different design and they claim it's top grade leather. so if it makes for most comfort, i wouldnt mind overpaying a few bucks for quality.

anyone here used those bags??

Comment

ive used the everlast SUPER leather bag, 150lbs, Brown (the same one you posted)

it's pretty hard, to me.

i like the ringside 100lbs leather bag.

Comment

I have used the everlast bag. They have that at my gym. It is thick, pretty wide and soft. It is fatter than your average bag. when you punch, it feels like your punch is absorbed fully into the bag. It is hard to get the bag to swing so that good. I imagine it's easier on the joints since it is softer than other bags when you hit it.TOuching it on the outside it may feel just as hard but when you hit it, your punch sinks in (not that much) and it makes your punches feel weak so you want to hit it harder. If you have the money to spend, get the everlast bag. The title bag will not last as long. any other questions feel free to ask

Comment

Originally posted by skilgannon View Post
                I have used the everlast bag. They have that at my gym. It is thick, pretty wide and soft. It is fatter than your average bag. when you punch, it feels like your punch is absorbed fully into the bag. It is hard to get the bag to swing so that good. I imagine it's easier on the joints since it is softer than other bags when you hit it.TOuching it on the outside it may feel just as hard but when you hit it, your punch sinks in (not that much) and it makes your punches feel weak so you want to hit it harder. If you have the money to spend, get the everlast bag. The title bag will not last as long. any other questions feel free to ask
                thanks man, that's experience talking, i appreciate that. i was thinking about the softness, and i figured for me it'll be a good thing. because my left wrist is hurt, and been that way for years now. i actually went to a doctor and he told me that i got fluid building up in my joints and that theyd have to drain it. my trainer told me it's pretty common. i never did agree to the operation because he told me it'll go away when i take some rest. i dont want to argue the doctor's opinion but i feel like it's something more serious than my joints. i cant throw my left hook hard, everytime i do it the pain is unbelievable. i can throw hard jabs all day with power and no problem as soon as i throw a hook to body or head my left wrist has problems. my right hand is fine never had a problem. but the left wrist is killing me. even when i bend it slightly without punching, i still feel sharp pain.

thanks for the advice bro, ill probably just go with everlast then eventhough it's costly.

btw do you know what gloves i can use to reduce the pain in my wrist. i never had problems with my knuckles or thumbs. i was thinking of getting the gel gloves that reedickyaluss posted in his thread but they mostly protect you knuckles. is there anything out there that'll go soft on my left wrist. the ones im using now are everlast 16oz training gloves. and they're crap. i allways rewrap my wrist for double protection with hand wraps but it still dont help.

any suggestions? thanks

Comment

mostly I use my winning gloves and when I make the laces loose, my hand will still hurt. When someone ties thelaces tight, they barely have problems. But, I do not have a wrist injury. I recommend just wrap good, wear 14/16 oz gloves and it helps if it's lace gloves that are tied on tight for support

Comment

Originally posted by skilgannon View Post
                    mostly I use my winning gloves and when I make the laces loose, my hand will still hurt. When someone ties thelaces tight, they barely have problems. But, I do not have a wrist injury. I recommend just wrap good, wear 14/16 oz gloves and it helps if it's lace gloves that are tied on tight for support
                    thanks, ill try that, thanks for your help man

Comment

Working...
                    X