No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brian Viloria Ordered By WBO To Face Milan Melindo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brian Viloria Ordered By WBO To Face Milan Melindo

The World Boxing Organization has directed WBO/WBA flyweight champion Brian Viloria to face No.1 ranked Milan Melindo in a mandatory title defense.

ALA Promotions president Michael Aldeguer told the Manila Standard that it was decided at the recent convention that the winner of the Viloria-Hernan “Tyson” Marquez fight which Viloria won by a rousing 10th round TKO has to face No.1 contender Milan Melindo.
    [Click Here To Read More]

wow, this is the first hi-profile fight where both fighters are filipinos. should be a great night for boxing. melindo is undefeated in 27 pro fights. villoria will definitely be up against very stiff competition.

Comment

Melindo is not on the level yet of Viloria. Internationally he's still unknown. A fight with Roman Gonzales is more attractive and is the big money fight. Milan should seek an overseas fight first to prove his worth, provably against Igarashi of Japan or Juan Carlos Reveco of Mexico..

Comment

melindo is not ready for viloria..don't get me wrong ..i think he's the most impressive pinoy prospect out there but he needs more experience against top level opponents ..at this point of his career ,he'd get destroyed by viloria..don't want to see thi fight .

Comment

hope to see Viloria fight another top level fighter. tho melindo is really a good fighter but i dont want to see Filipinos fighting each other....

Comment

Who cares if they're both Filipinos. Mexicans fight each other all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by kidrock09 View Post
              hope to see Viloria fight another top level fighter. tho melindo is really a good fighter but i dont want to see Filipinos fighting each other....
              The WBO's #1 and #2 are both Filipinos, so it may be an all Filipino title fight regardless of what Viloria decides. Melindo and Rocky Fuentes both deserve title shots IMO, and that would be a good matchup.(WBO'S #1 and #5)

Comment

Originally posted by chargerhemi06 View Post
                Who cares if they're both Filipinos. Mexicans fight each other all the time.
                WORD!!!! if filipinos want to get to the next level they got to fight each other. Mexicans weed each other out thats why they are the best.

Comment

I hope he fights Gonzalez next.

Comment

wouldn't mind seeing this fight..first big step up for melindo. viloria will most likely punish melindo tho....

Comment

Working...
                    X