Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Broner unifies at 135 will he make you p4p list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Broner unifies at 135 will he make you p4p list?

If not what will it take before he cracks the top 10?

If he'd have gone to Japan and beat Uchiyama and beaten Salgado at 130 he would be in my P4P List now.

Comment

no, larry. broner is a long way from that. 140 will be his defining division.

Comment

Lol 135 is one of the worst divisions so no.

Comment

Cleaning out a division is definitely P4P-worthy, but not enough.

Comment

I think a lot of fights at 130 that could have helped his case weren't made.

And with his talent level, cleaning out 135 is something he's supposed to do.

A win over Gamboa would help his cause. But I think 140 is the weight where he will either fold or become great. 135 is sparring practice for his run at 140.

Comment

Honestly, all the top guys at 135 are gone (i.e Marquez, Rios and Guerrero). Anyone of the guys I mentioned would've beat DeMarco last night. DeMarco was the #1 guy by default. It's a good win, but let's not get carried away. It's not like DeMarco cleaned out 135 and was the long reigning champ.

Broner himself stated he can make 147 no problem, so I think it's only right he goes for Mathysse, Bradley or Garcia at 140. Honorable mention going to Guzman.

If he beats "one" of the guys I mentioned, he absolutely belongs in the P4P talks.

But again, very good win for Broner. He did what he was suppose to do and he looked good in there.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                no, larry. broner is a long way from that. 140 will be his defining division.
                I feel the same way.

Comment

And another thing, he's 23 years old. People seem to want to rush his career and having him jump weight classes immediately, or crown him as the next great boxer.

People just got to be patient and let the guys career progress. He'll move up in weight when he and his team feels he's ready to do so.

Comment

depends on who the belt holders are. 135 is terribly weak right now so we'll have to see.

Comment

Working...
                    X