Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Feel free to hate Mayweather-McGregor, but for the right reasons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    It hurts you so much that you are here promoting it....
    Right commenting on a blog LMAO=promoting to flômosapiens like yourself. It makes you so angry that I don't jump on daddy flomôs dîck like you racist hypocrits. It's hilarious how long these hypocrits like butch mcgay & you,talk shît on supposed mismatches & cherrypicking yet here you flômos are sucking that floydie gimpweather taint. :*******:gimp if floydie was white/brown you clowns would hate him.

Comment

i really start to believe this fight will be tougher for floyd than most ppl think, but we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        It is a cash grab, but Oscar is only mad because he's not the one doing the grabbing! He didn't mind grabbing that cash with Khan and Chavez Jr.!
        Yes it is a cash grab and Oscar is salty af. But to bring up his comments about Canelo/Mac, and calling that hypocritical, while not mentioning Dana White's past comments, is just as hypocritical.

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
          i really start to believe this fight will be tougher for floyd than most ppl think, but we'll see
          Seriously; how do you get to that conclusion? what leads you to think that?

Comment

Originally posted by 120 View Post
            Seriously; how do you get to that conclusion? what leads you to think that?
            just a feeling can't really explain. my original prediction was floyd in 5, now i start to feel mcgregor will go the distance with him. floyd is lightyears a head in experience, but mcgregor is bigger, younger and has basically nothing to lose. no way he knocks out floyd though, no one does.

Comment

Originally posted by daveydmx View Post
              if McGregor hears the final bell . . . it will be a HUGE BLACK EYE for Professional Boxing
              For example, be sure to save some for the likes of Oscar De La Hoya, who was happy to create his own “middleweight” rules while his promotional golden goose was the 160-pound lineal champion, and wanted little more a few months ago than to get his own man a date with the Irishman, but these days is labeling Mayweather-McGregor a money grab from which boxing “might not ever recover.” It’s a galling tantrum from a guy who’s foisted Canelo vs. Liam Smith and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. on pay-per-view customers in the last nine months (at the hardly rock-bottom prices of $64.99 and $69.99, by the way) and it reads far less like a defense of the sport’s good name and far more like a petty foot stomp because the late-summer show arrives smack dab in the run-up to Canelo-Golovkin on Sept. 16.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
                I didnt know The Tribe and/or Kigali wrote for this site
                For example, be sure to save some for the likes of Oscar De La Hoya, who was happy to create his own “middleweight” rules while his promotional golden goose was the 160-pound lineal champion, and wanted little more a few months ago than to get his own man a date with the Irishman, but these days is labeling Mayweather-McGregor a money grab from which boxing “might not ever recover.” It’s a galling tantrum from a guy who’s foisted Canelo vs. Liam Smith and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. on pay-per-view customers in the last nine months (at the hardly rock-bottom prices of $64.99 and $69.99, by the way) and it reads far less like a defense of the sport’s good name and far more like a petty foot stomp because the late-summer show arrives smack dab in the run-up to Canelo-Golovkin on Sept. 16.

Comment

For example, be sure to save some for the likes of Oscar De La Hoya, who was happy to create his own “middleweight” rules while his promotional golden goose was the 160-pound lineal champion, and wanted little more a few months ago than to get his own man a date with the Irishman, but these days is labeling Mayweather-McGregor a money grab from which boxing “might not ever recover.”
                  It’s a galling tantrum from a guy who’s foisted Canelo vs. Liam Smith and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. on pay-per-view customers in the last nine months (at the hardly rock-bottom prices of $64.99 and $69.99, by the way) and it reads far less like a defense of the sport’s good name and far more like a petty foot stomp because the late-summer show arrives smack dab in the run-up to Canelo-Golovkin on Sept. 16.

Comment

Originally posted by nlz View Post
                    the big issue here is not that the fight might intrigue a bunch of casual fans. The issue isn't about de la hoya being inconsequent. The issue is not even the fact that the fight is taking away the limelight of a real great fight. The issue isn't about that this fight could be 'bad for boxing'. The issue here is the fight itself.

The big issue here is that the nsac is allowing this (official) fight from happening - while it is a total mismatch. I remember two years a go, the reasons nsac had for not allowing the fight between ward and murdoc to happen was exactly that: Mismatch (note: Murdoc had a record of 18-1-0 at that time). But somehow those rules dont apply for #maycon. When floyd is at 49-0-0 and mcgregor is at 0-0-0. Wtf!

I get it from connor's side. He has little to lose. In fact, he got a lot to win. He has been carrying the ufc for quite some time, yet has never been truly rewarded for being the face of the ufc. That organisation is apparently worth $4b however that money has unfortunately not been flowing to the real stars of the game. So he gets an opportunity to get financially rewarded in an exhibition fight, with little damage. Of course he takes it.

I however do not get it from the self proclaimed "tbe". If you want to leave a legacy, you do not end your career like this. The definition of "leaving a legacy" is anything but this. Yes i get it. It's again an easy fight to take. Great money. But that record don't mean siht if you achieved it by going at it against a rookie. I would not have a problem with this fight on an exhibition level - although i still would not watch it.

Remember ali against inoki. It was a exhibition fight. The result? The fight was poorly received. The crowd threw rubbish into the ring and chanted "money back! Money back!". Apparently it took the janitorial people of the arena almost a full day to clean up the garbage that was hurled at the two 'combatants' as the result of their lousy performance. Similar will happen come august 26.
                    the nsac would approve conor vs canelo and conor vs manny also! Mayweather is the first one to do it thats why oscarina is pissing her thongs

Comment

For example, be sure to save some for the likes of Oscar De La Hoya, who was happy to create his own “middleweight” rules while his promotional golden goose was the 160-pound lineal champion, and wanted little more a few months ago than to get his own man a date with the Irishman, but these days is labeling Mayweather-McGregor a money grab from which boxing “might not ever recover.”
                      It’s a galling tantrum from a guy who’s foisted Canelo vs. Liam Smith and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. on pay-per-view customers in the last nine months (at the hardly rock-bottom prices of $64.99 and $69.99, by the way) and it reads far less like a defense of the sport’s good name and far more like a petty foot stomp because the late-summer show arrives smack dab in the run-up to Canelo-Golovkin on Sept. 16.

Comment

Working...
                      X