No announcement yet.

David Haye to Boente: "I accepted your offer in December"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
    Why is Vit in a dress? I have always wondered, are you a fan or a hater of his?
    Someone thought it would be funny to put him in my avitar through a vb plaza tool. I thought it would be funny to dress him up as retribution for that act. And no I'm not a hater. I am admittedly very critical of him though with the nuthuggers who try and overrate him and think that he walks on water. I think I rate him 25th all time at heavy Jacques his resume is poor compared to most greats, but have him 8th all time h2h. I think that's fair...other will tell you I just don't like him. Oh well, can't please everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      I respectfully disagree 100%. If Haye lost to Vitaly it means he is undeserving of a Wlad rematch and would have to rebuild. But it does much for Vits as he would be rewarded handsomely monetarily and he beats a consensus top heavyweight to end his career in instead of another charade.
      I hardly believe Vitali is concern about money. Man is in Ukraine politics, spending own money for the things he believes in.

For the second argument, wouldn't it be better to fight Tyson Fury instead. It's much more likely that Fury would continue to fight even if he loses to Vitali.

If Haye loses to Vitali we'll never hear about him anymore. He'll be remembered as a fighter who created a lot of noise and never really beat any good still in prime HW fighter (Chisora is hardly good in general terms).
      I just fail to see what is in there for Vitali.
      Last edited by Simurgh; 02-25-2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        That's the problem. If Vitali beats Haye, Haye will become 'not worthy'. In other words beating Haye doesn't do much for Vitali.
        It would still be one of Vitali's best wins.

Comment

I hardly believe Vitali is concern about money. Man is in Ukraine politics, spending own money for the things he believes in.

For the second argument, wouldn't it be better to fight Tyson Fury instead. It's much more likely that Fury would continue to fight even if he loses to Vitali.

If Haye loses to Vitali we'll never hear about him anymore. He'll be remembered as a fighter who created a lot of noise and never really beat any good still in prime HW fighter (Chisora is hardly good in general terms).
          I just fail to see what is in there for Vitali.
          Id say by his stingy negotiations that he is concerned about money. And no, I don't see how fighting an unproven up and comer would trump fighting an established top fighter. If Vits wins he goes out against a top fighter. Is that not more impressive than beating another gimme like Charr.

Comment

Id say by his stingy negotiations that he is concerned about money. And no, I don't see how fighting an unproven up and comer would trump fighting an established top fighter. If Vits wins he goes out against a top fighter. Is that not more impressive than beating another gimme like Charr.
            Well, if Vitali beats Tyson there is still a good chance for Tyson to become HW champion, maybe even a dominate one. That is always more impressive than beating semi-retired fighter who didn't really do that much in HW (apart from Valuev, not much).

Taking that Haye would retire after Vitali beats him, there are many better options for Vitali.

No, Vitali is not money driven. I mean, everyone is, but not in the sense as some other fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              Vitali's resume is not a great one. Beating semi-retired Haye won't change much.

Comment

Well, if Vitali beats Tyson there is still a good chance for Tyson to become HW champion, maybe even a dominate one. That is always more impressive than beating semi-retired fighter who didn't really do that much in HW (apart from Valuev, not much).

Taking that Haye would retire after Vitali beats him, there are many better options for Vitali.

No, Vitali is not money driven. I mean, everyone is, but not in the sense as some other fighters.
                You don't know how Rudy's career is going to play out PR if Haye will retire. Bottom line is Haye is right now more highly regarded and accomplished and brings more to the table financially. I just don't get why some of you don't want this fight. I have a feeling many just don't want to contemplate Vits being in a tough fight or losing. I myself didn't want it till Haye wrecked Chisora. Now its intriguing as well as the other factors I've pointed out.

Comment

You don't know how Rudy's career is going to play out PR if Haye will retire. Bottom line is Haye is right now more highly regarded and accomplished and brings more to the table financially. I just don't get why some of you don't want this fight. I have a feeling many just don't want to contemplate Vits being in a tough fight or losing. I myself didn't want it till Haye wrecked Chisora. Now its intriguing as well as the other factors I've pointed out.
                  I think about the future outcomes as well. When Lennox fought Vitali he didn't really know Vitali would become what he did, but today it's arguably Lennox's best win in career.
                  Tyson was totally past prime, Holyfield as well (was beaten badly by Bowe a couple year prior to their fight).

Again I am not against. But I can't stand people claiming nonsesnse as Vitali is scared or ducking... It's just ludicrous.
                  (imagine) If Vitali approaches me and asks what to do, I would tell him to do it if he feels he can, if not I would suggest him to take a nice farewell fight in Kiev and call it a day.
                  Haye is by no means in position to request anything... If he is hungry, he can go for wlad.. or he knows he would never beat any brother till they are way past it...

Comment

A fight against Fury would be better for VK's legacy.

I'll go back to Lewis vs. Klitschko in 2002. No doubt that fight enhanced Klitschko's legacy, even though he lost. But the win was even more significant for Lewis because VK hasn't lost since that fight.

Had Klitschko lost right after that fight the win would be meaningless. But because he's gone on to basically wipe out everyone in the HW division post Lennox Lewis, and has been a long reigning WBC champ, every win he gets enhances Lewis' legacy even more cause he was the last guy to beat him.

The same I believe will happen with Fury. VK should beat him and then if Fury goes on to have a good career, which I believe he will because the future of that division is going to consist of Deontay Windmill and Chris Arreola, it will help to enhance VK's legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      Sad but true...might even be Vitali's best win.

Comment

Working...
                      X