No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    Why would a fighter who is a ww champion that fought at 154 twice, both times for money, and has weighed no more than 152 for a fight, consider fighting the MW champion at this stage of his career?

Do you think floyd would fight him if sergio had a history of ppv fights like Cotto?
    So why was it ok for Floyd to fight Marquez and it's not ok to fight Martinez?

He won't fight anyone who poses a lagit threat, you know this and so do I.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      So why was it ok for Floyd to fight Marquez and it's not ok to fight Martinez?

He won't fight anyone who poses a lagit threat, you know this and so do I.
      You avoided my question. the JMM fight was years ago and I'm not sure how it relates to what I asked.

I didn't imply it wasn't ok to fight sergio. Define a legit threat? Is that only someone bigger that he isn't favored to beat going in? Is it someone most posters feel he will lose to?

I hope floyd does fight Sergio. If he does, and wins, lets hope we don't get posters who do a 180 degree turn like they did after he beat Shane.
      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 12-19-2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

You avoided my question. the JMM fight was years ago and I'm not sure how it relates to what I asked.

I didn't imply it wasn't ok to fight sergio. Define a legit threat? Is that only someone bigger that he isn't favored to beat going in? Is it someone most posters feel he will lose to?

I hope floyd does fight Sergio. If he does, and wins, lets hope we don't get posters who do a 180 degree turn like they did after he beat Shane.
        I didn't avoid your question, I answered it with a question of my own. What does it matter how long ago it was?

Bottom line is, JMM had no business fighting Mayweather, none. For the record, I have said for over 4 years now that Mayweather beats Pac too.

Mayweather is deathly afraid of losing that 0.

Comment

At this present moment it is pretty clear Martinez is a better fighter than Shane was when Floyd decided to fight him. Margarito was never the same fighter after that fight and it likely had more to do with the lack of plaster than Shane.

Comment

floyd would school martinez come on folks. this is floyd mayweather. why would he even waste his time on this piddlin little nothin fight! margarito already beat martinez and mosley beat margarito and mayweather schooled mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              floyd would school martinez come on folks. this is floyd mayweather. why would he even waste his time on this piddlin little nothin fight! margarito already beat martinez and mosley beat margarito and mayweather school mosley.
              Triangle theories do not work. Also, that fight between Martinez and Margarito was 11 years ago. Martinez has vastly improved and Margarito may have cheated throughout his career and/or was in better physical condition at that point then he was when he fought Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
                Triangle theories do not work. Also, that fight between Martinez and Margarito was 11 years ago. Martinez has vastly improved and Margarito may have cheated throughout his career and/or was in better physical condition at that point then he was when he fought Mosley.
                they do work. i just did it. mayweather wins via triangle submission.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  I didn't avoid your question, I answered it with a question of my own. What does it matter how long ago it was?

Bottom line is, JMM had no business fighting Mayweather, none. For the record, I have said for over 4 years now that Mayweather beats Pac too.

Mayweather is deathly afraid of losing that 0.
                  People keep saying he is afraid to lose his 0 because Bert Sugar (rip) floated that. There is nothing to substaniate that. You again didn't answer, who is a legit threat?

Rapidfire26 At this present moment it is pretty clear Martinez is a better fighter than Shane was when Floyd decided to fight him. Margarito was never the same fighter after that fight and it likely had more to do with the lack of plaster than Shane.
                  The same criticism of floyd visa vi Martinez is similar to criticism he recived before fighting SHane. He's afraid to lose ), he's scred, shane will beat him. Then after the fight the narrative changed.

I just hope the narrative doesn't change should he fight and beat sergio.

Comment

May vs Martinez

You guys can forget about it.

That fight is even more elusive than May vs Manny

Its just never gonna happen. Forget about it.

Comment

People keep saying he is afraid to lose his 0 because Bert Sugar (rip) floated that. There is nothing to substaniate that. You again didn't answer, who is a legit threat?

The same criticism of floyd visa vi Martinez is similar to criticism he recived before fighting SHane. He's afraid to lose ), he's scred, shane will beat him. Then after the fight the narrative changed.

I just hope the narrative doesn't change should he fight and beat sergio.
                      There will always be doubters, but unless the we see a sharp decline in Martinez' performances soon then no one can legitimately call Floyd into question.

Mosley was a bit deceiving as his only notable win in recent years had been that Margarito fight. Margarito may been cheating for a while, so that win was probably not as impressive as originally thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X